bareback? The new craze on NR

candyflosspot

bossy boots
Sep 7, 2010
Sheffield
is bareback the latest thing on NR? So far we have jane on ziggy, mary poppins on ben & JS on joy .. Who else is involved in this new trend? :giggle::biggrin:

Me too :). I wanted to do something a little different with the horse I ride on Thursday evenings. She is great at hacking but isn't very schooled, and (used to) get stressy about even being in the arena. Riding bareback has made me slow everything down, taken the pressure off, and reminded me to celebrate all our mini achievements. I'm looking forward to spring when I can ride bareback aroudn the farm after work again.

Well I LOVE riding Storm without saddle and promised myself my next ride would be without. However, I kinda wussed out cos it has been rainy and windy here lately so I thought I needed all the help my tack could give me!!!! I can't wait for a dry sunny day tho to hop on (well - scrabble up more like!)

Always have done a bit. Don't tend to do a ton now its wet and muddy!

This is me and the blackpony about 3 years ago having a play :)

DSC_0702.jpg

Me!! Cant be bothered to carry my saddle all the way down to the horse and our schooling area! :giggle: love it - was doing trotting poles last weekend - definitely better without a saddle! :redface:

Used to ride Oscar in the school bareback quite often, only problem I had on him was I could only manage about 30 mins max as his withers were a tad on the sharp side.
Tried on Belle when I first got her and nearly fell off! :redface: She was such a roly poly it was like sitting on a slippery barrel. Might have a go again in the spring now she's a bit slimmer but can't see me doing it regularily.

I like being part of a new trend!! Bareback is new for me but I'm really enjoying it. I don't like to ride him bareback completely alone but hopefully someone will be at the yard tonight to be without shouting distance if I do have a problem. I'm going to try and get on him from our normal mounting block tonight as well - should be interesting!

I'm like New Forest, always have done it. But if I hack out I stick to a shortish distance of 30 mins as I'm lazy about keeping my heels down and not having a good lower leg position. :eek:

newrider.com