Bare back, head collar and self carriage

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Ginger had his Bowen treatment and is off work for another day and as the cold weather got to Chanter again this week I have just been free schooling him but tonight after reading so much about out line and contact I though we would have a play.

So no saddle and just his dually I did clip it to the nose piece on each side so it worked like a bitless but the nose piece sits slightly higher than a normal head collar would so not as much pressure on the nose areas.

Off we went. OH was watching and thought me giggles was very funny. We did some walk and he went lovely and soft in perfect self carriage. we did some trot and I practiced my balance by holding my arms out and then did a couple of canters. It was loads of fun next time I will clip it to the head collar under the chin and see how he goes. I will also get OH to video us.

Sounds fantastic and my idea of what outline is all about, balance and self carriage rather than held in to look pretty from the front.

Look forward to seeing the video. Shame dressage can't be done bitless as I think its more challenging and less fake.

Well done, try jumping a grid as well without reins and with your eyes shut, it is an amazing experience...stick to tiny X poles if horses are not natural jumpers. Riding is about developing 'feel'!!

(We could do a game based on that if people want!!??)

Well done, try jumping a grid as well without reins and with your eyes shut, it is an amazing experience...stick to tiny X poles if horses are not natural jumpers. Riding is about developing 'feel'!!

(We could do a game based on that if people want!!??)

Sorry EML ARE YOU MAD:frown:

newrider.com