bandages for turnout?

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
So my vet has suggested putting bandages on sox in the field aswell as in the stables. He is very accident prone and I am slightly worried about this. Have you ever put bandages on for turnout?

I have but only as a temp measure, I wouldnt be keen to do it long term, esp come winter when they would just end up wet and caked in mud. Why is he suggesting it? I mean what he hoping to prevent?

we use turnout boots, they give protection and support without risk of coming off or causing skin issues due to ground condtionds - they are worth the investment -

Can you not use sport boots - I like the PE sport boots, which are cheaper than Sports Medicine boots.

My bandaging is rubbish, I have used boots though.
Some use overreaching ones, get white as you can find them in grass.

Reactions: Trewsers
The equilibrium hardy chaps are great. I've used the PE sports boots/Keifer sports boots for purposes. Never bandages as I'd be too worried about them getting wet and coming off.

Boots and bandages should only be used for 12 hours at a time max. I have used turn out boots for Chanter and they were great but I would then not bandage or wraps at night

newrider.com