Banana girth to borrow?

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
Does anyone happen to have a 22-28" banana girth I could borrow to try on small pony?

Kis Vihar can make me one, I just would like to check it will work first before having one custom made for him.

Happy to pay postage etc - would be very grateful!

You could buy it in this country in that size.

Curved or banana, try torsion. They also do a cheaper material.
I did have the banana girth, it came off ebay at the time. So there are companies out there.

I know I can - equine whispers do one for £30, but I would prefer to pay a little more to have in brown (can't find a reasonable one in brown) to match tack so he can be shown in it - and to be leather rather than neoprene and no backing on the girth straps as its not a dressage strap saddle

Louise at Equine whispers will sometimes loan them out ... she did for me, i wrapped a tea towel round it to keep it clean whilst we tried it, Coby really didn`t like it, but it didn`t matter as i just returned it .. I think i paid a small deposit which i got back :biggrin:

Louise at Equine whispers will sometimes loan them out ... she did for me, i wrapped a tea towel round it to keep it clean whilst we tried it, Coby really didn`t like it, but it didn`t matter as i just returned it .. I think i paid a small deposit which i got back :biggrin:

Will she loan if I don't buy from her?

Local level i have shown in treeless, lost few marks but i only did it for fun.
My curved is black, still got the c girth. That is black, saddle at the time was brown i think.

Yeah the colour doesn't matter that much but I can have a leather one made for not lots more than the neoprene one and it can be the matching colour.

He may never even go showing in it, but I would rather spend the money on the right thing first time if I can - hence wanting to borrow one to see if helps the problems first :) I don't have extra money in any way shape or form, so what money I do save I want to put to good use.

Last edited:
Found a shaped girth in brown leather. Shaped for the elbow movement.
Starts at 24, but maybe you could get it smaller? Elastic both does. Vainly remember having one to try.

Does it have backing on buckles? If I can try a banana girth, then will be buying one without backing on buckles due to the bulk under saddle :) just need to find one I could borrow for a few days :D

It is on ebay, can't add links on the phone.
Hang on i will look.:biggrin:

Not excessive backing like some, just covers it.

Have you a photo of the saddle you want the girth for? Matching browns can be harder than black.

Last edited:
Pretty sure i have one that i bought from equine whispers that i used with my trekker somewhere in the garage, pretty sure it is a 28in, will have a look tomorrow. If it is you are more than welcome to borrow it:biggrin:

I'm not to fussed about matching brown - I can't win everything!

This is saddle, where saddle should be
6b3bcc8c.jpg

This is what happens when Girthed
089b96ca.jpg

newrider.com