Baileys Lo Cal V's Naf pink powder

I have used both and found that when on the lo cal I couldnt get weight off my boy. On the pink powder i have been able to manage his weight much easier. For me the pink powder works out a lot cheaper too :)

i've ended up using dodson and horrel equibites - works out really cheap and horse loves them - she's a v good do'er and balencers piled the weight on her... she's also v fussy so i couldn't get her to eat powdered suppliments

ETA - honey's only on equibites and grass ;) no food as she's a porker - but fit enough to do jumpcross comps etc :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've used both too. Not really found much of a difference re the weight issue as Joy is mostly a pasture ornament so on the minimum amount.

However the biggest difference I found was the palletability. My 2 love the lo cal.

Mind you I'm going to have another go on the pink powder again (I'm a contrary so and so!) as I have changed from hi fi lite to Good Doer and they eat that till it comes out of their ears :rolleyes:

its not so much the weight im worried about as they have a fair amount of exersice and not that much feed so they are a good weight at the moment, but i definately do not need anything with anymore energy :eek: :)

I use equivite original as a vitamin supplement. You can get it from ingatestone for about £15 a tub, which lasts 1-2 months depending on the amount you give (guidelines on the tub). Haven't tried any others but Bentley seems fine on equivite and it doesn't seem to have changed his behaviour at all. You can also use benevit but i was told that some horses don't like the taste so won't eat it.

I use equivite original as a vitamin supplement. You can get it from ingatestone for about £15 a tub, which lasts 1-2 months depending on the amount you give (guidelines on the tub). Haven't tried any others but Bentley seems fine on equivite and it doesn't seem to have changed his behaviour at all. You can also use benevit but i was told that some horses don't like the taste so won't eat it.

ok i might give it a try :)

caltra seems to have soo much energy at the moment :p

I swear by the naf pink powders. I have mine on it in every pm feed. It is a good pro and pre-biotic and maintains healthy digestion and helps your ned get the best out of his feed rather than just eat and poop it all out! :eek: I find it basically helps to keep a healthy weight and condition level.

It's a good pick-me-up on a higher dose too (4scoops) for a poorly hoss on box-rest or horses coming off grass turnout. :) I think it's super stuff!

I don't work for them btw!! :D

im not sure know because its the day before our holiday and i worry they might bang themselfs on the trailer or something (stars a bit accident prone) and then i wont be there to look after them the next day :eek: :eek:

aww, well you will probably be packing anyway! i'm in two minds about whether to so a show one day after my holiday so i know what you mean :)

if you do it, have fun and let me know how it goes, if not, have fun riding anyway:D:D oh, and have a good holiday!:D

I can't really help but....

I feed equivite at the moment (powdered vit & min supplement) and hi-fi lite but I am considering swapping to fast fibre as fast fibre has more in the way of vits, mins, biotin, garlic, and other goodies:) Also the amount's suggested for size of pony to get nutrients arn't too huge like a lot of feeds.

I don't know if anyone else has views about fast fibre versus the pink powder etc??

which do you think is a better all round vitamin supplement.
or something else? :)

I tried my arab on the lo cal as he is a good doer, but it fizzed him up a bit too much! He is quite lively generally so i really didn't need any extra....

I have not tried pink powder although heard good reports on it. I however feed 365 Complete by Equine Answers http://www.equineanswers.co.uk/prodpage.asp?ProdID=1. It also has pre and pro biotics as well as a huge range of vits and mins which is really cost effective as well as being relatively inexpensive! I only feed a half ration to top up vits and mins but it can be feed as a conditioner too at a double ration :)

I don't know if anyone else has views about fast fibre versus the pink powder etc??

I feed fast fibre but only enough to mix in the supplements - works out to about 1/6 of a stubbs scoop in dry content! I spoke with A&P about fast fibre and you need to feed about a kilo dry weight to get all vits and mins which is way more than my guys need in quantity of feed! So if you are just looking for vits and mins i would choose a powdered suppliment :)

I have used both and for me I prefer Naf pink powder, purely because my mare didn't need any 'extra' in her feed and this is why I wasn't keen onthe baileys lo cal - So at the moment and until my mare is in much harder work and I notice a difference in her she will not be fed anything like that.
xxx

newrider.com