Baileys lo-cal balancer?

PinkGlamourGurl

Wont you shine, shine on.
Dec 8, 2005
North East, UK
Hi all.

Was wondering if anyone uses this feed?

Fleur currently weighs 451kg and she's a bit tubbier than usual. She's having 3/ 3 1/2 slices of good quality soaked hay a night, good grazing during the day and a handful of herbichaff and nuts.

I'm looking to change her feed because of the amount of sugar in it.

Help? Please :)

I fully recommned it as one of the best feed balancers around!

A feed balancer fed alongside (preferably ad-lib) forage is all she needs for a balanced diet and optinum health: the key to weight loss is in regular exercise. However I doubt that 3 1/2 slices of hay is enough at night. If there is none left when you go to see her in the morning, then you will need to feed more. Long periods of time without forage is very damaging for the mental and physical health of all horses - especially bearing ion mind that it takes on average only 20 minutes to eat 1kg hay, and just 12 minutes to eat 1kg of haylage averagely.

xx

:)

xx

Couldnt feed adlib hay for the simple fact I'd be using about a bale a night, any amount I put in, she will eat, in record timing ;)

Thanks for the advice, think I'm going to give it a try

my warmblood xtb is on lo cal and has been on it for about 4 months he is doing realy well on it his hoofs are a lot better and also my new forrest pony that gets lami is on it i think its done wonders for my two my warmbloods overall condition is lovely it def gets a thumbs up from me

Lo Cal is MAGIC!!! :D Dolly's been on it a few months now and looks amazing - weight is good, feet are good, coat is good, temperament is good, etc etc etc...basically she's good! Dylan's been on it 3 weeks and is already starting to get a shine on his coat and the tiny bit of new hoof growth looks much healthier than the rest :D

Lo-cal is great, put my two on it after seeing how fab Dolly, (above) looked on it, her coat looked amazing! I have noticed an improvement in hooves already.

Just found piccies as well :D

Pre Lo Cal:
dollyridden007.jpg

Post Lo Cal:
WalkDay1BeforeCanter.jpg

Granted she was fitter in picture 2 but I think she looks much healthier and just generally better and I do attribute a lot of that to the feed :D

newrider.com