Bad flies, comfy jodhs and just feeling right

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well the flies are brutal here this summer so far. Thank goodness OH was able to be my mobile fly squasher again today! They really were out in force. Anyhoo, yesterday and today I reverted back to wearing traditional jodhs as opposed to my denim ones. Now I'll not win any good looks contests in the traditional ones (think major belly warmer affairs!!!) but man they gave me a better seat. I couldn't decide if it was that or the fact that my saddle was just absolutely bob on today (sometimes I regrettably get it a few millimetres out) but whatever, I am now determined to stick the denim jodhs somewhere at the back of the wardrobe for when I have visitors......or need to feel super trendy (the sheep here have a very keen fashion eye you know:p). So who wears the trendy stuff and makes it work for them? I just don't find enough "give" in any of my denim lovelies!!!
And also, does anybody know where the wretched horse flies hatch from? Is it grass or muck heap?

I can certainly relate to the joddies thing as i feel most secure and at my best with ones with the clarino/sueded effect seat. I do love my shires denim suede effect seat ones, they are my favourite if all and only 30 quid! If i am jumping or doing fast work i feel funny unless i have them on for extra grip...although i am sure its a mind thing really!

Mine are just Harry Hall standard ones, I think they might be the Atlanta ones, but they are just soooo comfy. I'm going to try and get the ones with the suede knees too.

I only ever ride in breeches nearly all are full seat and they are my favourite. I only have a couple of pairs that I aren't and I never jump or hack in them. Euro star are my favourite make

I have 2 pairs of jods I ride in, some navy blue suede omes that are actually too big but sooooooo comfy and my cream ones I use for shows. The cream ones are too tight but suck my gut in! The blue go up to my bra but are just lovely. And old!

usually I ride in leggings, jeggings or joggy bottoms with boots on top.
todays ensemble is a pair of leggings with a hole badly repaired on the knee, a black long tshirt (which covers my tummy which I am ever concious about when riding) with white sports bra and a navy pair of wellies. I look lovely :| im attempting our first hack off the yard (we may be going jumping on sunday and if we are we need to be able to hack there!!!) And I am preying womble doesnt deck me. I will most probs need an ambulance and I dont want the paramedics to see my sports bra and cookie monster knickers

Lol Danni you are like me, I worry about madam throwing a wobbly and me ending up at a& e wearing my big pants!!!!!! ah the shame....heheeeee

LOL at you two ^^^ I don't care what the ambulance men find me in theses days!
Breeches all the way for me but I only have cheap ones, I've just had to throw my favourite sticky pair, they were Caldene with a lovely pimply seat and I don't think they really gave me extra grip, was more psychological, however mostly I just wear my aldi cheapo's with my aldi fitness top's as they have a nice mesh panel down the back so I don't get quite so sweaty.
I keep promising myself some really nice quality breeches but just can't seem to ever justify the price, although they are on my Christmas list for YHL

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com