Back to the joys of horse hunting

Hi Louise hope you're OK? I unfortunately lost Bailey yesterday. Vet thought a bleed in her brain /stroke was horrific. I hope you find a good one. - I am so shocked this is the dun connemara we were going to see on Sunday. How awful for the owner just so tragic. Only good thing is thank god it didn't happen here. But I am stunned and so sad for the owner who i have had lots of chats with, she must be utterly devastated as they were trying to find a good home for the mare.

Last edited:
OPEN TO AN OFFER — NO COMMENTS
The ideal plodder happy hack
15h
10 year old
Mare
About taking a hack in the school. I dont know this horse but Ella whom I share has mainly hacked and is not really happy in the school, where she has mostly gone large.
Horses that hack are not used to trotting and cantering in circles. So they dont bend easily. Whereas schooled horses I have ridden do masses of bending in serpentines and small circles.
I have ridden Ella in the school but mainly to remind her that I am in charge and also to ride some indirect transitions on her, and backing up, just to show off to myself. She isnt a horse for circles. Or rather, I find it hard to trot her in a 20 m circle on the left rein.

About taking a hack in the school. I dont know this horse but Ella whom I share has mainly hacked and is not really happy in the school, where she has mostly gone large.
Horses that hack are not used to trotting and cantering in circles. So they dont bend easily. Whereas schooled horses I have ridden do masses of bending in serpentines and small circles.
I have ridden Ella in the school but mainly to remind her that I am in charge and also to ride some indirect transitions on her, and backing up, just to show off to myself. She isnt a horse for circles. Or rather, I find it hard to trot her in a 20 m circle on the left rein.
I don't much care about doing circles. As long as a horse goes forward back sideways and responds I am happy. And an older horse like her doesn't need to start it at her age.

Reactions: Jane&Ziggy
A faff to manage anywhere I should think the infamous Scottish midges make it harder since I suspect they'd bite through SI rugs!

we are east not west so we don't tend to get midges here. Aimee donkey had sweetitch, as long as we snuggy hooded her in feb/march before she started she was quite easy to manager. This one had more issues so I said no as it had injections, plus it couldn't wear a snuggy hood only the very thin sausage skin looking ones which aren't very durable. Buddy has about 5 rugs as he rips them there are always a couple in being put back together again. It was more the faff of taking off the rug before riding, plus it was being sprayed as well. Don't mind a bit of work with it but with a stinky sarcoid - tintin - and all the others in fly rugs, i don't want more maintenance issues if i can avoid them.

having a colonoscopy on wednesday so that's two weeks in a row he has had to starve and take the vile stuff to empty your gut when they could have done it on tuesday when he was there - they did a ct colonosopy, found something but didn't do the full colonoscopy which i had and where they can remove polyps so having to go through it all again

Oh well no new horse for the foreseeable future or at all. OH has 2 areas of bowel cancer, so major surgery, and at his age and with his other issues recovery prognosis from the surgery guarded. So rock and hard place, have the surgery and risk the poor survival rate for the older patient or as the cancer is slow growing, not do it and have better quality of life possibly for longer.

yep a pretty shit day, pardon the pun but hey ho we have broad shoulders. I had applied for a horse on a site, thankfully was rejected.....and tonight my assiniine website supplier, who has done no maintenance, sorted out issues, or allowed us to migrate to a better supplier rang and told me to pay the invoice or he would take down our business site. So i paid the blackmailing bastard when he KNEW that 2 hours earlier my OH had been given this diagnosis. I will bide my time but he will pay for being so utterly horrrible.

newrider.com