Back on Track

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Has/does anyone use the back on track stuff? what do you think of it?

A friend of mine swears by it but I can't get my head around how it works....?

Not used Back on Track but swear by Equistreamz bands & Masta Protech - their saddle cloth is on my want list :)

Yes I've used them a fair bit in the past - the fleece blanket, the leg wraps and the hock boots on horses, and the knee brace on myself. There's a thorough explanation of how they (supposedly) work on the website, and some information about their clinical trials. I wrote (supposedly) because I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about them, but I think anything that can improve circulation and reduce inflammation is worth a shot if that's what you need, and it's not like they're going to do any harm. Plus I have to say the products are really good quality and lasted well under pretty heavy use so they certainly weren't a waste of money. There was definite improvement in the hocks of the horse we used the hock boots on, but who can say if that had anything to do with the hock boots or not? - sImilarly I used to use the knee brace for running after I injured it not long before I ran my first marathon, I did notice a difference after I started using it but again there's no way of knowing if it would have got better at the same rate anyway.

Reactions: Jessey
Thanks joosie, I read the description but can't fathom how heat reduces inflammation.....that just seems counter intuitive to me??

The masta one sounds like it works on the same principle as back on track stuff, I'd not heard of that one before :)

I should have said, I use the Masta protech poll guard/cover & really noticed an increase in flexibility over his poll & his ability to stretch and relax through his neck & back :)

For the price, I've been really impressed!

newrider.com