back from hols - what have i missed???

Ummm...you must hav seen the thread about poor Sasa?

Ummm ... My moet seemed lethargic...after a weeks rest and some supplements she seems happier :)

Ummm...nothing else really that exciting from me!

Hope you had happy hols...you could have brought the sun back with you :giggle:

Think last on the Scottish meet was 6th Nov...but don't think thats for def.

Only news from Scarlet is she is now stabled overnight and is on Naf biotics as reacted to the change from grass to feeds and haylage, very bloated, farty and poopy pony. Tail and back legs are minging :-( (getting a quick wash each day)

Poor Scarlet - Archie goes like this every winter - have you tried charcoal as well as the NAF biotics?

Am glad the meet up has been changed as there's no way I could make it tomorrow - I think i've got a touch of heat stroke - feel as though im on a boat whilst sat on my sofa!

Am missing the sun already.....

Heat stroke is horrible! I was so ill one year in Spain as a result, I know this is pretty obvious but make sure your drinking lots and lots of water :smile:

She seemed a bit brighter tonight so hopefully the ten day course will sort her out. Not tried charcoal...heads off to google

Yep have tried charcoal before - its not got any active ingredients but bad stuff is supposed to cling to its
many surfaces causing it to draw out impurities. It didn't work to reduce the runny bum my horse seemed to have but then I realised it was the readigrass that was doing it so within a day of just introducing a tiny bit of chaff his poo firmed up.
Heh hh101, nice to have u back - where've you been, somewhere nice and hot? Lucky thing!
Flip and I are away on our holidays this week. In anticipation of our next Edinburgh vet visit in four weeks we have ventured up to Aberdeen way for a week - much loading practice, although he surprised me today by walking in with little encouragement required.

Yep have tried charcoal before - its not got any active ingredients but bad stuff is supposed to cling to its
many surfaces causing it to draw out impurities. It didn't work to reduce the runny bum my horse seemed to have but then I realised it was the readigrass that was doing it so within a day of just introducing a tiny bit of chaff his poo firmed up.
Heh hh101, nice to have u back - where've you been, somewhere nice and hot? Lucky thing!
Flip and I are away on our holidays this week. In anticipation of our next Edinburgh vet visit in four weeks we have ventured up to Aberdeen way for a week - much loading practice, although he surprised me today by walking in with little encouragement required.

You've taken Flip on hols with you??? how brilliant is that!:dance: How's he doing ??

I've been to Dubai..... Spent a week at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel and have just lounged by the pool for 7 days - went to the Dubai Mall to see the fish and also visited the museum both of which were brilliant but apart from that - we did nothing but swim and take our son to the Wild Wadi water park - oh and eat lots:frown:

Nice to see you back ...was just thinking about you the other day, as it had been a bit quiet :giggle:

Not missed much from me ... finally got round to starting my blog, about time eh :tongue: lolol

Oh Dubai and sun? Very very jealous!

Well my news is that I finally cantered (properly) on a hack on Tuesday, and not just once but twice!! :dance: And I've just done it again today too!! Wahoo!!!

Dubai?! Check you out mrs well travelled! Flip is good, a bit upset at being taken away from his mate but am trying to remember he's not a baby and is tough enough! I just can't believe he went in so easily. We're up staying with family, will have a potter about in the gardens riding, haven't let him trot yet but he doesn't look too bad when he's hairing about the place (oh and there's a hot tub for me;-))

Eta - hope its the 6th we're meeting, I'll be there!

:eek: Flip is even closer to me? If he goes missing.... ;)

Hello hh101! Im a newbie :redface: and may be going with Praecelsus and B_G on the Scotland meet. :)

newrider.com