Baby steps....

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
Breakthrough tonight.... Twin 1 (who broke her arm) was riding Oscar tonight and he shied in a corner as he saw tarp over a haylage bale flapping. She didn't bat an eye lid!! 2 weeks ago a similar thing happened and she burst into tears and got off. HURRAY. So nice to see. AND she jumped a little X-pole on him. Her idea not mine. He was fab. Trotted calmly up and over, no bother.

That is fantastic news, sadly it was bound to go one way or the going and it sounds like she's finding her feet with him now which is great!!! I bet your over the moon:) She should be really proud of herself cause it's not easy to work through things and it sound like she's definitely getting there. Xx

Reactions: KP nut
Well its always been 3 steps forward 2 steps back with him. But that's better than 3 steps forward 4 steps back!

Reactions: tikkitti
Fingers and toes crossed, but things are still looking up....

The Dressage on Saturday went really well which I think has massively boosted their confidence. Oscar seems to know when he's 'at the office' and just gets on with his job! The girls are really happy with their performance and scores which are way better than we had hoped for. I just wanted a drama free test and they got much more than that.

Since then they had that great ride on Monday then yesterday (Tuesday) the girls had a lesson in a blizzard and he was fab. He obviously hated the weather so he was snorting and shaking his head but he behaved himself. I was nervous and was saying 'perhaps we ought to quit while we are ahead' but the girls were keen so had the whole hour. I'm so proud of them!

Also I noticed how all this walk/trot work seems to be making a huge difference to the quality of their riding: they look much more polished in the saddle, their seat looks more stable and balanced and lower leg look much more secure. Which is probably why when he shied on Monday, Twin 1 sat it easily and felt really balanced and calm as her seat is more secure overall.

At the end of the lesson last night Twin 1 hopped off and normally Oscar just stands there while the instructor gives feedback but today as soon as her feet hit the ground he was trotting to the gate as if to say 'GET ME OUT OF HERE YOU CRAZY PEOPLE'. Then back in his stable he rubbed his head, face, neck, body and bum all over his haynets to dry off. Nesh pony. :rolleyes:

The girls just love him so much and he can be such a character and can be so good for them. I really hope it works out with him. Looking good at the moment....

It sounds like an awesome few days:D:D;);):):)

I love his at the office ethic!;)

I do hope Andi's ethic at the Versatility is not """"" BOYS BOYS BOYS """" """*****PARTY TIME*****""""

Jeff handles her antics very well but I am glad I will be ON SONNY"

Reactions: KP nut
newrider.com