Baby Benji. (1)

Oh my gosh im glad you stayed on sounds like it was quite a wild ride! Im glad ur both ok and didnt get hurt!!!

Fifion is prettyand looks like you did a good job grooming to me. Everytime i give one of the horses a bath unless they are going to their stall or tied up for a lil bit before turn outafter, they always seem to go find a mud or dirt spot to roll in. Lol then get up look around like dont look at me i didnt do anything lol.
haha lol, thats all horses for you. you finish grooming and getting them clean and they go and roll. typical.

Reactions: Storms filly
Yeah young horses never have the balance to canter down hill with a rider, it takes quite some time for them to develop the core strength to be able to do it safely. I've been making my own rope halters for the last 20 odd years, it's not too hard, they only cost a few quid for the supplies, I probably have the instructions somewhere I could send you if you'd like?

Yeah young horses never have the balance to canter down hill with a rider, it takes quite some time for them to develop the core strength to be able to do it safely. I've been making my own rope halters for the last 20 odd years, it's not too hard, they only cost a few quid for the supplies, I probably have the instructions somewhere I could send you if you'd like?
ow wow that would be amazing, thank you. yes please
then i can make them for all the horses!

Reactions: Jessey
Jessey, do you know which rope to use? I never knew which rope so never made my own.
Depends what you want really, always a braided rope with a stranded core, but beyond that you can pick any rope that suits how stiff/soft, thick/thin etc. you want it. I like 3/8" diameter which is reasonably stiff and not shiny nylon.

newrider.com