Autumn is in the air...

nat17

Minnie, Sam and Dolly
May 30, 2002
Cotswolds
Visit site
When I rode out this morning it was only 8 degrees and autumn was in the air... it gave Sam and extra spark! I know it was 6 am but its not been less than 10 degrees for so long even at that time

Its on its way everyone :)

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I've been thinking that the last few days, it was about 9.5 here around that time this morning but with a thick mist and the sun just starting to break through. I like autumn, just not so keen on the following season ;)

Send it here its going to be 92 degrees here today ugh.
I can't wait for sweatshirt weather.

Its not too bad early am but I really can't wait til I can ride anytime in the day and not have
to do it at the crack of dawn!!!

Guess its a good thing I am always up at 3-4 am:rolleyes:

I like autumn, just not so keen on the following season ;)

Oh yes and I certainly Don't want a winter like last year:confused:

Reactions: Jessey
Its beautiful here. My favourite time of year. I have loads of happy memories around this time of year too. The girls are like warm fuzzy chilled fur balls too:D I love hearing our robin, he sings way more around this time. The swallows are still living in the end stable but they won't be here much longer. I am always sad to see them go though. I love the smells here too, everyone starts lighting their fires again and OH and I will start gathering our wood (as it looks more and more likely we will still be here during the wintero_O).

I love this time of year. Wombles coat is all fuzzy and plush, the kids have gone back to school (happy dance!), the leaves are changing and the heat is more bearable!

Much prefer autumn to summer!!

Yes its definitely on its way. I'm another who loves autumn, in fact I'm just having a break while waiting for my plum and ginger sauce to cook. Love making a big pot full for the freezer and only tastes great with plums that are in season. Mmmm yummy. :)

Reactions: Trewsers
I normally would say I love the autumn too - but do you know this part of Ireland has barely had much more than a week or two run of summer weather for the last two years. I am fed up with it TBH.:( Can smell the turf burning all around the valley - thats a comfort but even so I would love a two week stretch of dry weather, don't mind the cold but please just don't rain!:p

We have had sun but not really warmth. Usually I have had to ride early morning but this year it's whenever I felt like it.
We haven't had much respite from the wind which I rely on since winter here is pretty windy.
Autumn started about two weeks ago, but I refuse to ride in anything other than a t shirt, show willing lol. Actually I don't add a Lw jacket until well into October.
You can pick a tourist out at fifty yards now, they are all in coats.

newrider.com