At the grand old age of 51.....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I just had my first ever go at clipping! :D

Joey has gone fluffy and is a fat lardy at the mo so I decided to take off his lower neck and chest whilst the hair is still relatively short - figuring any mistakes won't be so glaringly obvious! I bought some Masterclip Royale's from a mate a few months back. They are the same wattage as Wahl Avalon's which did an admirable job on Joe when Julie used hers to clip him before but as a newbie, so I thought I'd start before he gets REALLY hairy. Joe had never been clipped in the 12 years before he arrived with me but he's so laid-back and placid he was really good when Julie came over a couple of winters ago and thankfully he stood like a rock for me. I started off giving him a haynet, then realised that made the bits I needed to clip move around too much so I apologised and removed it until I was finished. Ended up taking off half his face too and coming round to his girth line so as Dom happened to be strolling by at the right time, I nabbed him to hold Joe's leg up so I could do the wrinkly bits. Then our final flourish was for me to take off the long hair that is his p!ss-poor attempt at growing feathers :p And a little heart on his offside bum, just for good measure.

The lines may not be dead straight BUT I didn't draw blood!!! :cool: (There may still be a few fluffy bits between his front legs but you'd have to get up close to inspect that area!)

A quick sponge down with some hot water with tea tree oil and he was back in the field before he could work out what happened....:cool:

Reactions: nat17 and Trewsers
The white looks so white! Well done. I've never clipped. Trimmed feather but never done a proper job. Sounds like it went well for you.

newrider.com