Asking for help...

chestnutmares

Feb 9, 2020
This is probably going to sound a bit weird so bare with me lol!
Since I started riding over a year ago now I’ve wanted to do more with horses, and I’d love to help out at my riding school however there is a slight problem on my end. I feel like a massive nuisance asking someone to help me learn, like I’m intruding on what they’re doing and like dead weight I guess, probably because of the anxiety I’ve always dealt with - but horses always helped that so it sucks. I’ve done a couple of horse care related online courses however due to the area I’m in there isn’t much in the way of stable management lessons or anything :(
Anyone else ever feel like this or have any tips on getting “over” it?

Have you spoken to your riding school about this? If not then that's your first step, and they'll know that you know nothing to begin with.

Agree - riding school first, then maybe facebook? A little perseverance goes a long way. You might find a friend of a friend of a friend, or their parents would like a little help. I'd sell my soul for some one to do a bit of poo picking in return for horse hugs and a little experience!

I'd agree ask your RS, many run specific days for learning stable management, or have a look into the bhs qualifications.

newrider.com