arrrgh, bloody horses & sheep!

CharliesAngel

Jan 15, 2010
Skye is very very greedy and food possessive so I should have known once the grass started to come through I might have an issue with fencing grr. Her, Brook and Pip share about 1/2 an acre with access into my big barn where there are 2 hay feeders that i put hay in twice a day. These 3 are my 3 ‘fatty’s that I watch weight with and their paddock is deliberately grazed right down. Adjoining them is a 10 acre field that my ewes and lambs are in... they are being fed twice a day, have a tasty lick for lactating ewes and also haylage as a couple of the ewes were lacking condition after lambing. So why oh why do the sheep want to keep going through the electric into the ponies paddock - pinging it and pulling it down when they do so.. which gives Skye the opportunity she needs to shove it a bit more and burst through :( I got up this morning to find her and pip eating the haylage and lick arrgh. Brook bless her, stayed put!! Its just what I love, chasing round after ponies in my pj’s while my child is wailing for his breakfast and the dogs are all barking like mad as they need fed too!

Im super busy just now, in a good way. Im in an Opera in a weeks time and we are rehearsing every day and really it’s consuming everything Ive got right now and has been for the last few weeks. We are planning on properly fencing off the 1/2 acre with wire and wooden posts but there is no time until its over. So, naughty Skye & Pip have been turned out in my schooling paddock which is 30 x 70 and as well as stock fenced, is connected to the mains all the way round. Sorry guys!!

Naughty bunch, I'm sure the ponies will survive in the school, tbh its probably the perfect time of year if you have to do it at any point, silver lining and all that :)

Its always better on the other side of the fence. My sheep go through into our hay field at this time of year. That's four strands of electric wire. They dive it to avoid getting the jolt. Taking out the poly posts. I've given up and end up moving them to another properly fenced field.

newrider.com