Arnie and I go Jumpcross training (photos galore)

Skippys Mum

Nov 25, 2007
Scotland
Well, off I toddled today to Jumpcross training. Nervous doesnt even cover it! I was up all night panicking but we got there and he seemed very calm. We had a bit of a wobble while we were all warming up - my problem with Arnie is his behaviour in company and he thought about it - but didnt do anything major. The instructor was great and let me walk round till I settled - and started me with poles on the floor!

By the end I was cantering confidently over what they assured me was 2'3" uprights (didnt look so big to me but hey, I'm not complaining!). We also did a ditch (aaaargh) and the steps - up first time where he had no idea what to do so got a lead off the instructor - the down, really scary, then back up again hanging onto the neck strap for grim death!

Nik+Kia came over and took more photos for me and held my hand - and brought me wine! Thanks Nikki! I hope your photos are better than Graemes!

Waiting to start
IMG_6573800x600.jpg

creepy crawling round
IMG_6583800x600.jpg

but with a pretty tail with a lovely red ribbon in it!
IMG_6599800x600.jpg

Arnie with company! And not killing it!
IMG_6658800x600.jpg

massive cross pole :)
IMG_6672800x600.jpg

even more massive upright!
IMG_6709800x600.jpg

the ditch
IMG_6722800x600.jpg

making sure all feet are securely tucked up out the way
IMG_6723800x600.jpg

aaaargghh
IMG_6724800x600.jpg

I love his leap over the ditch... and I LOVE your face on the landing!

Sounds like a great day and all without killing company! Maybe he learn his lesson after getting beaten up by a girl the the day :D

ETA: The look on landing, is it based on "The Ken" look?

That ditch pic is a classic :D You guys are going great guns, it's fabulous :cool: That tail is waaaaaay too clean though :eek: I will have to bribe LucyAd to sabotage it with gravy browning next time she sees him ;)

OMG - I am Ken! (sorry folks, its a mutual friend!).

I was very nearly a goner at that ditch:eek:

IM - dont you dare - not all of us are green!

Well done - looks like you had a fab day - I'm hoping to do another one this summer - they are so much fun!!:D

Well done hunni!!!

I was there cheering you on and taking piccies!! Link has been sent to you pix!!

Arnie was a star you should be very proud of him!!!

Nikki xxxx

Here are some of the photos Nikki took - and the videos!

DSC02440.jpg

showing the steps better - that first one was steep!
DSC02436.jpg

and at least you can see the ditch here! (although is that what they mean by "cow hocked"!)
DSC02432.jpg

DSC02430.jpg

DSC02423.jpg

videos

thanks again Nikki, not only for the photos but for the moral support (and the wine!). I am still grinning from ear to ear :D

Go Arnie! I love the one of him jumping the ditch...cleared that easily!! Great photos and videos - your expressions are brilliant, well done - looks like you both had a great day :)

I dont know how we stayed together at the ditch:eek:. Hammie, I didnt start to smile till about number 4;)

Still cant get the grin off my face now!

Oh, and No_Angel, I was very secure in the Freeform. I was worried about it as I havent been entirely happy jumping in it but it was great today. I felt very safe, even in times of crisis!

newrider.com