Arena hire charges

The smaller local ones (outdoor) usually charged a token £5/horse for as long as they wanted really but they were never used much and not much space for more than a couple of horses or not good enough equipment really to charge more. The funds were going to improve the school.

The big local equestrian centre charges much more. We hired it the weekend of Blair a few years ago, they do half price arena hire then because they'll be so quiet ... £25-30/hour if I remember rightly. It's a massive indoor with lights and good jumps and good surface. I think that generally you get what you pay for. I suppose it depends what you are getting for it... £10/horse for an hour for 4 horses in a good sized indoor arena like our local one at a peak time (evening/weekend) would be a good deal.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Depends on the size of the school.

Our local indoor which is small charges £10 per hr irrelevant of amount of horses.

One local massive posh indoor charges £25 per hour for max 2 horses.

Another indoor one is £10 per hour but £5 extra if lights required. That one doesn't charge any extra per horse.

Another local yard has an outdoor school which is only £5 per hour per horse.

I would hire the school not per horse!
Ours is £10 use of jumps, maybe lights not sure.

To hire a xc course its per horse yes, but that's a bit different as its a venue.

I hire a small outdoor school just up the road for £5/hour. The indoor school is not for open hire, but if you can get it it's £10/hour. They are about 30 x 20.

I wouldn't pay per horse. Obviously you don't take the mick and take four or five of you but I don't mind sharing with a friend or two depending on the size of the school.

we are lucky our local EC allows locals to use the arena FOC , have to fit around times not in use but not a problem for us, another lady(said loosly) who is right next door to our stables charges us £10 per hour for use as we are not in her crowd! needless to say we don't use, the other girl on the yard uses it every day for nothing as she is one of "them" whatever that is!

I wouldn't pay per horse. Obviously you don't take the mick and take four or five of you but I don't mind sharing with a friend or two depending on the size of the school.

There are 4 of us who want to rent an arena to have a group lesson together.

newrider.com