Are things getting better...we hope so

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
So it has been 2 weeks since we lost Tanis my beloved dog and the gap she has left is horrid. The two Springer have been great and really helped me function and pull through it. OH is very kean for me to get another dog when I get back at the end of Sept and I have promised him that I will think about it.

So we got the bill though from the vets £208 which I personnel think is outrageours and that they know people who love their pets will pay it know matter what and we have, that plus we have ordered a new front door and will paint over the last of the blood next weekend. So it is time to move on and just remember the good now.

As for Chanter, he is still lame I ended up taking him to the vets as it was breaking my heart and I needed to hear what a vet said. He is on on bute one a day for the rest of his riding career. That said the bute has not made him sound enough to school to above a basic level. So all we do now is hack out. Again when I return he will go back to the vets for more injections to bring him sound through the winter.

That said we have been having a fanastic time hacking out and although he has never been a happy hacker he was come on leaps and bounds and I mean leaps lol. OH cycled with me down to the river back where he leaped every couple of yards, I laughed my way through it OH went white. and we went in the trailer to the local woods today again with the OH and it was he was amazing. We only do gentle hacking now with a couple of trots on the grass and a gentle canter when I find good ground.

I am always aware that I wanted a dressage horse but I could not part with him just to fullfil my dreams when he has been so good a friend to me and taught me so much.

Sorry no real point but thought I would give an update.

Luna Corona

Sep 7, 2009
Galloway
You've had a tough time recently and more than your fair share of heartache. All I can suggest is to be gentle with yourself, it sounds like you have a terrific OH for support, and just enjoy time with your friend Chanter and your dogs.

Dannii5691

Owned by Ponies!
Nov 16, 2009
So glad to hear things are looking up after tanis. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crosses for you that things keep heading in the right direction!

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
Glad things are starting to look up for you OBC - you really do deserve a break after everything.

Its a real shame your lad can't do any more dressage, but at least he can still be ridden. I really think its great that you've took it on the chin and just said 'right we will do hacking instead then!'...thats really admirable and im sure many horse owners out there would just retire or get rid.

Wish you & chanter very many hacks out together! and hope things keep getting better!

:) xx

daftdraught

Jul 24, 2009
Glad things are starting to look up for you OBC - you really do deserve a break after everything.

Its a real shame your lad can't do any more dressage, but at least he can still be ridden. I really think its great that you've took it on the chin and just said 'right we will do hacking instead then!'...thats really admirable and im sure many horse owners out there would just retire or get rid.

Wish you & chanter very many hacks out together! and hope things keep getting better!

:) xx

I think this sums up everything I would like to say. Good luck with the hacking.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Aw, I kind of know how you are feeling about Chanter, OH's horse has gone through this and I am going through it now with Storm. She had injections last year but they've not really worked - (I posted a thread in another section) and we're hoping that if we repeat them it might do the trick. Guess I may have to get my head around owning a happy hacker (I can't hack her for toffee, we are both wusses!!!!).
Sympathy vibes about your dog though - that must be tough. Lots of cheery vibes.