Aramis is getting better :)

Sep 16, 2004
Land of Leeds
Visit site
Well, Aramis seems sounder than she did. Also, there has been a dark yellowy staining in her poultice - not sure if it's sweat or dirt or pus from an abscess, but she's alot happier :). Also i've realised something - the reason why i wasnt very happy the other day about taking a break etc...is because of my moods. If for any reason i was in a bad mood - Aramis picked up on this - and it showed. I was in a really good mood last night and today, and anything Aramis did i just ignored. Also, i have learned about 'blocking', and if she turns to nip me i block her with my elbow. She got a fair few knocks to her face :D. I was relaxed and happy, she was relaxed and happy and it all went great. Now, all it takes is for me to run my hand down her leg and she picks it straight up for me to put a poultice on, without walking off.

Tomorrow i'm gonna take her for some grass and hopefully by Tuesday she'll be back out :). I'm really happy with her, and now i have other horses to ride it gives me plenty to do and Aramis will not be constantly on my mind. I feel like i actually want to groom her and spend time with her. And also Mark has got me a parelli halter and long rope, so i can start parelli as soon as she's better.

Im so happy now!! Even though i am really tired and have worked 11-3 and 5:30-11 today, so am going to bed now ! Work again 11 tomorrow morning!

Jenny xx

You're a busy little bee aren't you.

I'm glad you're feeling happier, you're obviously feeling more confident with Aramis and she knows this. They are so smart and they know if you aren't confident.
Enjoy your day at work, I will be mostly riding my horsey:p

Great news, hope it continues:)

Horses are definitely affected by our moods, especially the more sensitive types, one reason why a confident handler makes such a difference.

newrider.com