Appropriate towing vehicle - talk to me;)!!!

Yeah estimating up is always my choice too... My hesitation is it seems most people don't estimate up and it's "what I can get away with" - which I understand the point of - afterall for my 11hh an 8hh a little lightweight trailer and 4x4 or even a regular car would do and much cheaper than say your set up.

Yes agreed, I have seen people pulling 505's with diesel golfs before :eek: scarey business. Big car is for OH's work but I wouldnt choose to run that car if it werent, very thirsty but very reliable I have to say :smile:

Oh some really great food for thought there everyone- thank you for all of that:)) have checked the sorrento and its max tow weight is 2800 so I think that would be ok but will take to a weigh-bridge definitely beforehand now- thank you for all the advice, really appreciated by this virgin tower;)!!! X

Oh some really great food for thought there everyone- thank you for all of that:)) have checked the sorrento and its max tow weight is 2800 so I think that would be ok but will take to a weigh-bridge definitely beforehand now- thank you for all the advice, really appreciated by this virgin tower;)!!! X

Honestly I tow an Ifor 510 (unloaded its around 1t) plus a 15.2 middleweight cob who has been weighed on scales as 540kg, at he same time as a 17.2 TB who has been weighed on scales as 640kg...the Kia literally doesn't show that its towing!!

newrider.com