Appley and I had out first canter today!!

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
Appley was backed at the end of August, we've been hacking very lightly (once a week at most, mostly walking, some trotting) since and today we tried our first canter (she knows 'canter' from the longreins, which helped!) :D she was so good, just popped into a little canter on voice command (and back to trot on voice as well!), going nice and steady :) im soo proud of the little madam :D

vlcsnap-2010-10-15-18h08m54s90.png

best of all, on the way home the people we were riding with fancied a gallop on the stubble field alongside the track. obviously, this is not something i'm doing with appley this year, so we went on the track and walked as the other two came zooming past from behind. appley stayed calm (she pricked her ears but that was about it) and politely kept at a walk :angel:

today was the last time i rode her before turning away :)

looking forward to spring already, i think she'll be a fabulous, fun and safe little ponio :D

Well done! What a clever wee girl.

Even more so with other horses whizzing about :biggrin:

i am :dance:

we've had dogs jump at us, seen cows, bicycles, other horses, walkers ... did not put a foot wrong!! happy to ride away from other horses, too! and i can get on anywhere on hacks (havent ridden on the road, so usually lead her on the road and hop on from eg a gate on the bridleway or put her in a ditch or something ... she doesn't care!) and she'll stand nicely until told otherwise :)

Well done to you both - what a great way to end for a few months. Bet you can't wait for spring!

newrider.com