anyone with a 15.2hh - new horse - help

rach4uk4

Colourful Comedian :)
Sep 9, 2005
brentwood, essex. UK
hi guys :)
new horse arriving tomorrow :D hes 15.2 n quite compact, hav been told by owner he takes 6ft3 rugs and full size bridle, boots etc, but to me he looks tiny! i got 3 gorg new rugs for him at the size she said n got them out of bag to look at them :D :p but they look like they're gonna drown anything under 16.2hh!! does this sound right to you? anyone with 15.2's out there? wat size gear do your horsses take?? :confused::confused:

my 15.2hh wears 6'0 rugs (weatherbeeta, masta), rambo size too small in general and too small around the shoulders for him - 6'3 rambo is too small.
BUT mine is short backed.

Bridle size is cob (he's a QH) but if your new horse is a cobby type, could well be a full size bridle and boots.

Good luck with your new horse !
(ps. when horseware were putting free headcollars in with some of their rugs, they put cob size with the 6'0" but full size with the 6'3" ...)

My 15.2hh takes a 6,6 or a 6,9 comfortably!!

His bridle is made up of full size and Warmblood components, lol!!

he's a welsh cob x type

have fun with your new horse!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My 14.1 Welsh D takes 6'0 and sometimes 6'3" rugs - it's very deceptive sometimes. Until you get the rug on the horse, you won't know if it fits. You may be very surprised! My 15hh cob takes 6'3" - but most of that is taken up with her big belly! ;) I've also got a 15.1hh warmblood in a 6'6" rug. :eek: Good luck - hope the rugs fit!

Oh, and my Welsh D and cob are both in full size in bridles. :)

ooh! :D fab!! hopefully then i wont have to take them all back! :D thanks so much for your replies and well wishes everybody :cool::):D will post some pics wen he arrives tomorrow :) am SOOOOOOO excited!! :D xxx

i have a 15.1 TB X conny , hes in 6ft rugs, i have a cob size head collar which is on the last hole, his bridles are full size :)

hope it all fits your new horse :)

My 15,2hh thoroughbred takes a 6,3 rug and also fits a 6,5 nicely.
He's also mid way between a cob and full headcollar/breastplate etc.

Hi,

I have a 15.2 and she takes 6' 3 rugs and full size bridles, boots and everything else!

Should be fine! Good Luck.

newrider.com