Anyone want to see my new baby arab ????

dragonfarmgirl

Oct 26, 2008
cheshire/shropshire
An arab was always my dream horse and in april I put down a deposit on a gorgeous mahogony bay arab filly called Orions Marquessa.
I then had to wait for her to be weaned and FINALLY she has arrived :dance:
After a 5 hr trip on a lorry with another pony for company she was not even sweated up and, after a minute to look around, came calmy down the ramp......and I am in love :inlove:
We introduced her to my other 2 then put her in her stable. I brought my Haffy in and put her in the next stable so she has company and she seems calm.
I asked her breeder to do the absolute minimum with her so I can handle/train her myself. When I go in with her she comes over and checks me out, gently sniffing and nudging, curious, brave and calm. If that is her general temperament I couldn't be happier :wub:
I don't know if I can get her up the stairs though to join the cats on my bed :giggle:
I am exhausted with happiness !
I suppose you will be wanting photos now ???

Attachments

• marquessa 1.jpg
    marquessa 1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 97
  • marquessa 2.jpg
    marquessa 2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 101
  • marquessa 3.jpg
    marquessa 3.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 99
  • marquessa 4.jpg
    marquessa 4.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 103
  • marquessa 5.jpg
    marquessa 5.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 96
THAT is so cute! im so gutted i couldnt be there to greet her as well! i am definitely coming for a nosey mon or tues, too cute to resist! what is her stable name going to be, or are you going to wait and see what comes out naturally? she's gorgeous! bigger than i imagined though, i was seeing a tiny little dot of a thing! good luck for your first few days... are you camping out there tonight?! good job its right outside your house so you can keep checking!

I don't think I've ever seen such a pretty baby! How beautiful is she?! And what a lovely girl to take it all in her stride. Good luck with the future and I look forward to getting updates and piccies! x

Thanks folks.
I've just been out to check on her and she is fine, standing in the middle of a huge island of hay ( I may have overdone it a little :giggle:).
Her stable name is Kessa. It just seems to roll off the tongue, Taz, and you are most welcome any time. Just let me know as soon as you know which day so I can plan around you :biggrin: xx

I'll have to shackle myself to my horses stable, so I can't sneak over for a nosey:giggle: LOL! She's really cute, sounds like you've got off to a good start with her:wink:

Thanks folks.
I've just been out to check on her and she is fine, standing in the middle of a huge island of hay ( I may have overdone it a little :giggle:).
Her stable name is Kessa. It just seems to roll off the tongue, Taz, and you are most welcome any time. Just let me know as soon as you know which day so I can plan around you :biggrin: xx

we are very easy as have nothing planned - dont plan around us! we will just come when ever you say you have a spare 5! only thing i wont do is early mornings on my days off... :wink:

She is absolutely beautiful, I love her little head, deliciously Araby but not too exaggerated like some you see these days.

Good luck with her!

I was so excited to see this thread! She is GORGEOUS. Look at her little face in Pic 1 and her neck in Pic 3!! And Pic 4 is just beautiful. You are so lucky!

She is gorgeous! Congratulations. I look forward to reading all about your journey together x

Last edited:
AWWWW she is just so damn BEAUTIFUL:wub:

You are going to have so much fun with her.

Arabs remain, without doubt, my FAVOURITE breed, even if I do now have a Welshie X Traditional:giggle:

I will be watching out for your threads to see how things are going.

SHE IS GORGEOUS.............ENJOY:wink:

What lines is she?

P.S. ARABMARE..........we are seeing far too 'little' of your lot, you KNOW I get my 'Arab fix' from your
Photos...........Bodshi as well, you should be posting far more pictures of Rafi, just for ME xx

Last edited:
newrider.com