Anyone Tried The New Polypad Treeless Pad?

This is what I think I'm going to get - along with fleece lined girth. The regular has spinal clearance which I didn't think was very clear from the description. Going to do a few more test runs with pony in cashel before buyin though just to make 100% sure she likes saddle first and wasn't just having a mad weekend!!!

I would like to see the underside to be honest.

My first thoughts were on the material, would that not be slippery? I have seen stockists selling this alongside a treeless with the fur lining, i would wonder whether the whole set up would slip?

Currently i have a non slip whatever happens under me set up. Fully tested by a baby cob!

did i understand this correctly - only the extra thick version is shimmed and provides a spine channel? dont quite see how the non-extra-thick version differs much from a shaped polypad? (i do certainly like the prices though!!)

It does look as if it reads that the one you add shims to, you would need to buy the extra thick one.

A polypad is padded completely both sides, i guess they have designed it to have a channel of clearance underneath. I would still want to see the base though because my worries are that with a treeless it will be slippery.

Good price for a treeless but you could use for treed?

Last edited:
No both have a channel - though I had to phone to Find this!

The normal, the shims are 3-4cm think and extra thick are 5-6cm :) they aren't shims as such though just the filling like stuff I think but do give clearance

Neither! She has been poorly so didn't invest as wasn't sure what the outcome was if she was going to be seriously poorly for winter three on the trot

newrider.com