Anyone stacked it yet?

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I fell over for the first time this winter a couple of days ago (on my birthday ?) and then again this evening.

We've just had so much rain the ground is a slippery death trap. First time my welly got stuck and tonight there was a molehill I didn't see! Luckily nice soft landings with the ground so soft/muddy!

Anyone else or just me ??

• Wow
Reactions: Huggy
I fell over for the first time this winter a couple of days ago (on my birthday ?) and then again this evening.

We've just had so much rain the ground is a slippery death trap. First time my welly got stuck and tonight there was a molehill I didn't see! Luckily nice soft landings with the ground so soft/muddy!

Anyone else or just me ??
Happy belated birthday.
I am always worrying about falling over - I'm like a ruddy wobbly penguin even in the field on mud! It takes me forever to get down to the cat shelter - lately we've had hard frost so much easier. Dreading it melting though. Glad you had a soft landing!

Do take care Ale, It is easy to sprain one's ankle or make a slight break. And always at a place which one regards as normal. We went for a precarious walk on a coastal park, clambering from rock to rock. And I broke my ankle after the risky bit was behind us, at the edge of the car park.

What I would say is that you might need to consider better gripping soles on your boots? Boots designed for riding have smooth soles and yet one wears them un muddy fields to bring the horses in and lead them out again. A few years ago when I was doing this, I realised it was risky - risks I wouldnt take walking.

??Oh dear ale are you starting to get old and frail. No hang on it was your birthday, how much did you have?

It happens to all of us you know. My last major fall was last march when i was out with the running group, i didnt see the dropped kerb running to close to the person in front, thought it was a pot hole. Sprained my ankle badly.

Our road was like a sheet of ice again last week. I have to walk up and down to the sheep yard. I have a set of walking poles that i use when its icy or snowing.
I actually had to laugh as the number of people who were walking past me, you suddenly heard them coo out as they were loosing there footing on the ice. Some were even jogging on it. Complete with dogs tied to there waste. Utterly ridiculous, if they fell or got pulled by the dog they were likely to land on poor dog.

Glad you're not hurt!

It's so greasy at the moment- even on 'good going'. I stacked it going down a grassy hill dog walking the other day due to the greasy top surface - I went in such slow mo, I didn't even scare the dog ? He's an ex street dog so pretty reactive/flinch to most things at the moment, someone falling over suddenly would be far too much for him!

Glad you’re ok. It must be a thing this year, I fell for the first time in ages on my birthday and can’t even blame wet ground ?‍♀️ I tipped the barrow out and stepped back forgetting there was a mound behind me, didn’t put my arms out because I tried to balance on the barrow as it was in my hands, of course it came with me! Landed on the poo scoop, bruised ribs and mild whiplash ?

• Wow
Glad you're ok - the mud is lethal atm.
Yes the mud is lethal, it either can pull a boot right off - or is just so slick. Roll on summer and not worrying about toppling over I say! Mr T takes Storm out in his industrial soled wellies and doesn't seem to struggle, me on the other hand, I am sort of at her mercy for being a good girl and not pulling me along - even though I have my Dublin pinnacles on, the grips don't manage the slick mud. (But I have to wear those as I suffer from Plantar Fasciitis and they cured it!)

newrider.com