Anyone seen this type of lump before

VickiGG

Vicki, Garbo & Blue
My horse has had this raised area now for two- three weeks. Just next to the left of his left eye.

It doesn't hurt him if I touch it and apart from a slight runny nose three days ago he has not had any nasal discharge.

Anyone else had anything like this with your horse before?

It's hard - not soft like a bruise/heamatoma. He doesn't graze with others and he hasn't had any floating accidents or anything..... he has been his normal self really - had a couple of days where he ate less hay than usual but nothing untoward.

He has not had any falls or accidents and no broken skin or other injuries. Booked vet to come and have a look next Tuesday as that's the day he comes out our way from his practise. There are really no other vets in our area that know much about horses and would only guess.

Taken 15/9 - didn't even notice it till 5 days ago though....

IMG_0006.jpg

Taken 5 days ago

IMG_0018-1.jpg

Side view

IMG_0014.jpg

Could i be a reactionto a bite? one of mine gets hard lumps that don't hurt him and i think they are due to horsefly bites. They take a good few weeks to go down. That or maybe a reaction to something he has stuck his head into, like stinging nettles?

If its not hurting him and not getting any bigger then i hope it will be something easily sorted out :)

Healing hugs coming your way :)

newrider.com