anyone seen these before??!!

I wouldn't bother, especially at £100 for the smallest one....a £3 haynet will do me ;)

Can see the logic but bit pricey! Wouldnt really slow down eating speed like a haynet and I imagine a lot of horses (well the ones I know!) would just pull all the hay out and still make a mess :D
I prefer the floor - its free!

think if they were maybe same price as something like the haybar they might sell more? cant win with k, put in on the floor it ends up being a bed or something to poo on, and im not giving him haynets!

Well i have one...:D the largest one for two horses and a llama.. yes its pricey but in my opinion worth every penny, it holds two bales of hay and they dont pull it all out cos i wedge it in so tight they can only get a mouthfull at a time,;) you can easily move it when empty so avoids over poaching a particular area in the field, best thing i ever bought!!! and believe me ive tried many things over the years!!!:p

What's to stop them getting their feet caught in the holes?

Don't like the look of it I'm afraid. And I'd love there to be something foolproof so you can put hay in the field, the one the boys are in is practically all mud now...

Well i have one...:D the largest one for two horses and a llama.. yes its pricey but in my opinion worth every penny, it holds two bales of hay and they dont pull it all out cos i wedge it in so tight they can only get a mouthfull at a time,;) you can easily move it when empty so avoids over poaching a particular area in the field, best thing i ever bought!!! and believe me ive tried many things over the years!!!:p

sounds like its a winner for you then!

is it light for them to move about on the floor?

What a good idea. I don't think it's too pricey, it will last a long time and it saves mess and waste out in the field.

Yes - they are very substantial so tough and can take a fair bit of knocking around.

We're investing in some for our winter fields - much safer than haynets or a ring feeder, plus much longer user life.

Hmm, they look like a good idea! Hate the way so much hay is wasted/trodden into the mud/blown away, I've tried tubs and various other Heath Robinson contraptions but with no luck, these look quite durable!

Agree re the potential leg trap though, will be interesting to read other opinions and reviews.

sounds like its a winner for you then!

is it light for them to move about on the floor?

it isnt easy for them to move around its quite bulky but the idea is to keep it topped up so it doesnt get too light
as for them getting their feet trapped the holes are quite big and located low to the ground so they cant really get their legs wedged.
as for them reaching the hay in the middle, isnt really an issue as i keep it topped up at all times:p

newrider.com