Anyone recoomend a good RI for a nervous novice in E. London / Essex borders?

LisaJane

Feb 6, 2008
London
Can anyone recommend a good RI for me please!

I am a novice rider and horse-owner, and very much a happy hacker. But I know I need to brush up on my skills, and my confidence has become rubbish!!

So, I need a nice, user-friendly freelance RI for weekly lessons, but don't know where to start looking?

Have looked at the EE website at the RIs, but can only assume they would charge a fortune as none of them look even vaguely local.

Any suggestions please?

I can highly recommend Cathy Glen. She is based in Chelmsford but will travel. Her website is www.piedhorse.co.uk

She is fabulous at instilling confidence and explains everything so very clearly. She took me from snivelling nervous nellie when I first met her, to being able to enter dressage competitions and cantering happily out of hacks. She judged the pace of my progress just perfectly.

I've heard good things about Diane Pegrum from Epping. She's very good with nervous riders. She has a DIY livery yard 1/2 mile from where I live, and when I've spoken to her when I've walked past, she's been very nice. Her contact details are mob 07890 919558, landline 01992 578019, email diane@pegrum.plus.com

Helen (who is based at Woodredon) is fab, I used her when I was on Lippits Hill and she's round that way quite a bit, lots of both the nervous and novice riders on the yard used her. She's really very lovely :)

I can't remember her surname but PM me if you're interested and I can get her number for you!

Hi,

I think your best bet for an EE teacher would be Louise. I think she said that she needed one more person in the Essex/Suffolk area to make it a viable journey for her.

Louise Nagle, EET (Level 1)
Cover most of South / Central England.
Based in Berkshire, but covers most of the South.

Louise particularly enjoys working with riders with confidence issues and also remedial horses, but teaches a wide range of people/horses. She is also an Equine Body Worker (Sports Massage and Equine Touch) which can often be helpful to spot any physical issues that may be contributing to or causing any problems.

Tel 07737 166315,
Email: EquineEquilibrium@hotmail.co.uk.

newrider.com