Anyone know if Ireland has agricultural restrictions?

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
Just casually browsing through an Irish property sales website yesterday and found a nice sounding little house, only issue is that it was under 'commercial' and not 'residential'.
It doesn't say it has any restrictions on the details (but then again it doesn;t say a lot on the details anyway!), I've emailed the estate agent (waiting for them to get back to me) and done a bit of google searching but can't find any info so far.
So does anyone know if there would be any restrictions on buying a property under the 'commercial' heading?

I would have thought that, but it has no mention of any agricultural restrictions (properties in the UK usually say they have aggriculatural occupancy restrictions etc) and it's under 'residential' on the actual estate agents website, so I suppose it could be a mistake it's under commercial on the for sale site. :unsure:

I am just wondering if it residential and being sold as a commercial property if it has tenants in it or something like that maybe?

Be careful on the land issue, we once went after a property with a few acres, it transpired that although there was no livestock on it when we viewed, it was let out on a 5 year lease so of no use to us whatsoever.

Also it might mean the land has to be farmed or grazed in some way which means it's a business. You could solve that tho by putting a few sheep on and saying they will be sold on eventually?

Just got an email back from the estate agent (very quick for Ireland) and they say it's no agricultural restrictions on it, so may have been a mistake that it was put under commerical (or they just think people looking for that amount of land might be looking to farm?)

newrider.com