anyone heard of

Snowyboy

Jun 6, 2007
Sunny South Wales
Charlies Mountfort saddles?

got one that fits the pony REALLY well - he is impossible to fit and we have been offered one that fits him - like it was made to measure

daughter has ridden in it and she liked it - her lower leg slipped a bit forward but we think thats cos she is used to being on a synthetic with suedette finish which gives grip - this saddle is as new and slippery of course!

However, its not cheap! So before we say yes, I have been trying to find out how good or not good these saddles are AND how much they are new so I can judge if this is a good buy?

The saddle is an ex shop display so being sold as second hand - but looks smells and feels new still - but they don't sell that make in this saddlers - he did a swap with another saddler (long story - isn't it always :rolleyes:)

soooooooooooo - anyone know about the company? what there saddles are like?? how cheap or expensive they are?

its a 15" black gp saddle - "as new"

Charles Mountford saddles are good quality leather, we used to have them for all the BSJA ponies, not sure if they are still made tho, new 4-£500, they currently still sell for about £200 2nd hand.

Try google for some estimations on prices normally a few advertised about as they last well.

Just done a Google search and found a few secondhand ones for sale but nothing showing a new price. The secondhand ones range from £200-£400 but didn't find any in a 15" unfortunately so nothing to use as a bargaining tool, sorry :(

cheers

this one is basically new and littly likes it

despite 3 saddlers attempts her synthetic slips to the right - and we've spent so much money trying to get it resloved - its never going to work out I've decided

we've had a Wintec on him - he bucked like mad despite it "fitting" - I honestly think he hates the feel of it

we couldn't find a maxam to fit

we tried several thorowood griffins and the one she is using now was the only one that fitted - but had to have the saddler alter the tree a bit first

pony is hard to fit

soooo - having finally found one that fits - knowing how impossible it is to find one to fit him - I don't want to turn it away it its good BUT I don't want to spend the saddle fund of a pile of poop either! Its taken a year to save for this saddle so before I empty the saddle fund - I just need to know!!!!!!

can't find anything about the company on the net - which always makes me nervous!

newrider.com