Anyone happy with their Torsion saddle?

Little Dolphins

Nov 8, 2005
I would love to hear your opinions of the Torsion treeless, or similar saddles. I'm growing frustrated with saddle-fitting my mare and so I wonder if treeless is the way to go.
My horsey is fairly green, still a youngster at 5. Will she appreciate the saddle?
As for myself the rider, will my position be much affected- eg leg position straighter etc.
WILL I FEEL SAFE?

Thanks!

i have a trekker, which is a similar style to a torsion, im upgrading to a trekker dressage tho.
ive always felt safe in the saddle, one of my horses rears and the saddle has been find on her. shes actually alot better since going treeless, actually stands still and doesnt rear as much.
imo i dont really like the torsion saddles, the quality is nice but the stirrup arrangment concerns me. the dartmoor treefree is alot better, and you get kneerolls.
for a young growing horse a treeless saddle is possibly the best thing to have, it will change with her and there will be no need 2 change your saddle every few months.
the leg posisiton is more classical on this type of treeless, easily puts you in ear, shoulder, hip, heel alignment.

HI LD

I haven't got a treeless for Fatty, but I know a lot of people on the board have.

I have however, a treed saddle from the Saddle Company, which is a cob saddle design.

http://www.thesaddlecompany.co.uk/special_saddle_1.html.

I have to say so far, I've found it really comfortable, Fatty seems quite happy with it, it's nice and lightweight so easy to carry around and not heavy on the horses back like a lot of all leather saddles can be. You can feel the horse underneath you and the movement of his back, I do find it quite sensative to ride in.

I have read it on this board somewhere that they are as comfortable as treeless. (I'm not going into the discussion regarding tree vs treeless as this has been covered in detail already under the Natural Horseman section).

If you are interested, best to ring the factory as not too good at replying to email.

I've no experience of treeless so aren't able to comment, but would have been interested to give on a try if I had known somebody who had one. Too late now, OH wont let me have another saddle!!:D

We have a Torsion and both horse and rider seem to really like it. :)
Our model is the Torsion Trekking saddle. Since it doesn't have panels on the saddle it was important to get a good treeless pad with it. The Skito proved to be perfect for us.
When looking at Torsions keep in mind that they have lots of different models. So when somebody doesn't like Torsion based on one model they looked at they sort of are missing out on the whole picture.

The Trekking model works great for us since it has more substantial knee rolls and padding than some other. It'a a nice trial saddle. We ride Western in it so the straight-down stirrup position is just fine and we don't require changing of the positon because we rely very little on the stirrups in the first place.

If you choose the Torsion Bora saddle you will be able to change the stirrup position between two different settings.

If you know you like your stirrups further back you can go with the Torsion Dressage.

And if you are planning on long rides or your horse has a prominent wither you may prefer the Endurance Torsion because it has inserts to provide better weight distribution and wither clearance.

So lots of choices and things to think about before you settle on one model. :)

I have a treeless Bob Marshall , and my horse and I both love it . If you are interested in learning about treeless , Yahoo has a treeless saddle group that you can go to or join , and there is lots of information on all types of treeless saddles there . Just do a search to find it .

newrider.com