Anyone got an Ardennes cross?

McStorminNorman

May 7, 2019
I have just got myself an Ardennes x something. Will be doing more digging to find out more about his breeding.
So just looking for peoples experience of Ardennes crosses.
He’s only 10 months old and will be arriving in 2 weeks time.
He’s just been halter broken and been gelded so he’s abit wary. Need a bit of TLC but he’s going to be a beauty.
Meet Norman

Attachments

• 89755948-4C41-4BFC-A790-6AC9F64AE992.jpeg
    89755948-4C41-4BFC-A790-6AC9F64AE992.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 20
Don't know anything about the breeding, but he's a cutie and looks like he'll be very handsome! Keep posting with his progress, and if course loads of pics!

know several who have pure Ardennes. If you have his passport and his SIRE number you can check on that in France also his parents if they are listed. He looks very scared poor lad. I have comtois and a comtois x I find that NH training is great with them as you never use strength against them, and they learn to be very light and not work out when the grow up they can do anything if they chose to. My comtois mare is built like a tank but moves on a feather touch.

know several who have pure Ardennes. If you have his passport and his SIRE number you can check on that in France also his parents if they are listed. He looks very scared poor lad. I have comtois and a comtois x I find that NH training is great with them as you never use strength against them, and they learn to be very light and not work out when the grow up they can do anything if they chose to. My comtois mare is built like a tank but moves on a feather touch.
He is bless him, he had only just been gelded poor thing. I was thinking of going along the NH route with him to get a really good bond and strong groundwork foundation.

newrider.com