Anyone find horses help them cope.

Jenny--x

Jan 26, 2009
:) horses are amazing. I am nearly 15 and I have suffered bad ocd and anxiety for ages and ages. Especially lately and my horse is the only thing that ever takes my mind off it. Even when she is being naughty or bolting etc it still helps ! They are such amazing creatures. All my pony has to do is stand in the sun and wicker at me and it gives me a sense of calm. Anyone else find this? ... Pointless thread I know but not been on in a while and was thinking of this a lot lately x !! x

cockerpony

May 27, 2008
Fife
www.justgiving.com
I am a carer for my physically disabled dauhgter.
Without my horses I would probably go mad.
I can spend hours just grooming and talking to them about anything,
My daughter also rides, it gets her out the house, and gives her the chance to forget about her disability/pain.

Howengold

Jul 19, 2009
I wouldn't be who I am without Mony my grey mare. When I was younger I was on a downhill spiral with my behavior and my grandad bought me an 18 month old foal, 26 years on and she has got me through the deaths of my grandad parents, my auntie and 2 two uncles, helped me survive a divorce, been there when my new hubby and I were dragged through the courts to keep custardy of his two daughters who wanted to stay with us, through a miscarriage, fertillity treatment, my disabled sons 16 years of life and illness and more recently attacks on myself by someone close to my step-daughters causing me to suffer anxiety attacks.

Without Mony and my other ponies I think I would have given up and let the bad people win, instead I stand strong with my family knowing we have our horses no matter what. xx

xJenniferx

Jul 22, 2009
Overtown, Lanarkshire
Definately. I feel 100% better if having any problems after seeing Tyler. THe problem is he is injury prone so we had to get a shetland for me to talk to when Tyler as out of action and worrying me lol

Hannah&Alfie

Aug 12, 2009
Wolverhampton
Alfie has helped me no end. I know it sounds pathetic but i was in a complete mess after breaking up with my long term boyfriend, he was my life and i went through some very dark times. If it wasnt for Alfie i genuinely believe i would not have made it through. He is my whole world now and the only man for me! lol!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Horses definitely help you cope!! OH has a long-term health problem which escalated last year and without our horses I don't know how either of us would have got through it. I also have a minor health issue that I tend to get upset about but the horses really help me stay focussed and take my mind off it (its not terribly serious but worries the pants off me most of the time!).

K

katie11

yep alhtough i feel rubbish 6 days a week and feel better on the day of my riding lesson lol!

x.Moomoo.x

Apr 28, 2009
South West
Definately :)

When I'd just turned 14 I got my pony Cori and had her until I was just about to turn 17. I went through some really bad times and she helped me get through it so much.
Sometimes help isn't by getting someone telling you "It's going to be okay" but for someone (or something ;)) like a horse - to just be there and make you smile.

Her character never failed to make me laugh, even when I was really upset and don't know what I'd have done without her.

As I've only had Wren for 4 months, I haven't had any really bad times (thank god) but she really helps me de-stress after a busy day and as she is such a baby and complete muppet :rolleyes: she always makes me laugh :D

Lobelia Overhill

Oct 14, 2004
I am a carer for my physically disabled dauhgter.
Without my horses I would probably go mad.
I can spend hours just grooming and talking to them about anything,
My daughter also rides, it gets her out the house, and gives her the chance to forget about her disability/pain.

I'm in a similar position, except I'm my parents' carer, even on days when I don't feel up to riding, just being around the horse and grooming him helps me feel better :)

carn77

Carn and Jazz
Sep 30, 2008
Plymouth
Absolutely
They are amazing animals carn i came across when in the darkest period of my life and hes still there with me now i'm 'normal' and wouldnt have it any other way..
You only need to read the disability section to realise how much our horses do for us

Caz n Drummer

Sharer wanted for Drummer
Jun 23, 2005
Lancashire
I'd not be here if i didn't have Drummer..i can say that with authority.
I had a nervous breakdown a couple of years ago and having Drummer made me get up everyday and go and see him.
I'm still poorly, but i keep going for him as i owe him so much.
Caz xxxx