Anyone fancy this?

That looks like my idea of heaven. I wish I had the money and the time. You never know though.

Are you going? it looks really good and the horses look just right for that type of thing.

I would like to go on my own pony and with riders I know, I'm a bit old and nervy, so just riding a pony I didn't know with people I didn't know would probably send me over the edge lol

The lady who runs the place is excellent, very knowledgeable and has done competitive endurance, my younger daughter (13 years) came up with her dad for the day of our daughters 21st and rode one of Alison's horses, and in that area there are 'bogs' the pony completely sunk in the bog up to its arm pits, and my 13 year old rolled off and stood at the side of the pony while it extricated itself, then it stood totally still while she remounted and we carried on our ride, I wanted to load him and take him home

No, i couldn't ride for 6hours on one day let alone for six consecutive days. You need to be hunting and competition fit yourself?

I know I would certainly have to undertake some sort of pre holiday fitness programme.

I also would be somewhat anxious about undertaking 6 days with people I didn't know, I think the horses look fine enough. I bet you would soon get over the initial nervousness and have a great time and make new friends.

Be funny if everyone fell out with one another on the top of a mountain lol (thats my wicked sense of humour). I think that would be extremelly unlikely:giggle:

I am going to save the details to my favorites, it looks like they are running rides all summer, so if I get a sudden windfall, I could have a bash at it. I have always fancied doing something like that.

There's a trail riding centre in Wales, called FreeRein, that does guided and unguided rides and one of their routes is a 6-day trip from their base in the east and right across Wales to the west coast. I have done two 3-day trails with them before and had a blast - the east-to-west trail is on my To Do list, it looks and sounds amazing! 6hrs in the saddle isn't as long as it sounds if you are riding fit.

We are lucky in this country to have plenty of different places to get away from it all with horses. Would love to do something like that on one of my own horses.

Bodshi - I don't have photos of my first FreeRein trail but here's my photos and report from the one I did in Oct 2011 with HorseHelen from NR -

Joosie that looks amazing, I would so much love to do that. Would have to be on Raf though and I'd almost certainly get lost! Nice that they came out and found you though.

Would rather do it on my own horse - we're not too far from there so I might check out some local horsey b&b's. Could probs do it for a heck of a lot less than 1250. Although it does look fab. I fancy the full coast to coast tho - which is easier up here in the narrow part of the country x

newrider.com