Anyone familiar with these stirrups? Added another make

Might be me just being my usual ocd self but I'd worry about the magnet letting me down and popping open even if the weight limit wasn't exceeded (thini that's what it said in the description). I have MH sc3 ones which are safety and come open in the event of an accident, I like those and they were about £70 - those in the link have a very big tag don't they?

Same as Trewsers - I just see myself having a whoopsie moment and hanging half out the side door and my weight on that side 'unlocking' the magnet and consequently the rest going completely pear shaped. And the price now with all these new fangled stirrups - I thought the price I paid for my Sprengers was extortionate but truly do feel they arera huge benefit to my hips/knees/ankles. But the prices for all the latest ones now seem to be creeping up and up don't they?:eek:

Your thoughts are the same as mine. What's the limit before it releases I wonder.
I paid £60 for mine but this was after borrowing and RI commenting hire much improved my position was, as in more secure.

Your thoughts are the same as mine. What's the limit before it releases I wonder.

I want to know too. And I can't find the answer on any of the websites where they are sold. I sent them a message on their Facebook page. It really gets my goat when there's a very obvious question about a product and the answer is nowhere to be found! Bad advertising, people!

Last edited:
Reactions: carthorse
It doesn't look like they'll open unless the weight is on the side of the stirrup, not while its on the tread. I wouldn't pay that kind of silly money for stirrups, I can't understand why the new ones all seem to be so much now.

Maybe it depends what you want a product for? Many treeless are made with a closed ring so perhaps you have more choice than you did? I have an E bar, however I don't trust it to release so would still opt for a safety product. It isn't that item though.

I love my endurance pair because I mainly hack and they do what they say they do.

Talking of the price I spent that on a pony!

Reactions: Jessey
I've ridden in them, ok like the wider tread and they're grippy. But I'd rather spend more and get the free jumps. Love mine, but agree it's a lot of money and mine were a present. I found my knees still ached in the techs but not in the freejumps. I know a lot of people swear by free jumps and say they keep them on, they've never kept me on if I'm going I'm going lol!

Thanks for that. Silly question to ask if you plopped off did they release? I'm hoping in a good way you haven't fallen off if you know what I mean.
My RI doesn't like the free jump because the rider tends to lose them more easily.
But, this is in relation to children.
I do need more weight in mine, but getting my legs round and on is hard enough at this time of year.

When people lose their stirrups easily it's more a fault of the rider's leg position than what stirrups they use.
I had freejumps on my saddle when I was competing Jam, always found them so comfy especially for my dodgy ankle.
I have still had no reply to my query about the weight limit of the tech stirrups. Maybe they don't know!

I have still had no reply to my query about the weight limit of the tech stirrups. Maybe they don't know!
What's the weight load I would think is the most wanted to know question though.

I have seen an endurance pair by the same company with the toe cage. Haven't bothered to look that price up!
In an ideal world my reviews can come from users that don't need to be me.

@newforest never fell off in the techs, only rode in them when riding a friends horse. Fell off in free jumps loads of times, probably over 20 times :rolleyes: and foot always came out easily, well i always ended up on the floor very quickly haha! No idea on the weight load of techs sorry.

People normally like free jumps as they help you keep your stirrups, I don't rate the kids lites though.

I think sprengers are meant to be good and think they're cheaper than the free jumps.

You hear horror stories about both the techs and free jumps about how people have got their foot stuck, I've found most do the time it's lightweight teenagers/adults using the lights when they should be in the pros due to the size of the boots, and unfortunately nothing is totally fail safe. If foot getting stuck was really the most important thing then toe cages would probs be the best.

Finally got a reply!

"The security system of the Venice is composed of a magnet and a spring. The magnet opens with a force of 5/6 kg.
The spring works in a progessive way, so the inital force needed to open it is 6 kg more or less, and to open the mobile part to its entire extention (175mm opening ) is needed 10kg."

So if you put more than one stone into one stirrup you will open the magnet and it requires 1.5 stones to open completely.

I've ridden in them, ok like the wider tread and they're grippy. But I'd rather spend more and get the free jumps. Love mine, but agree it's a lot of money and mine were a present. I found my knees still ached in the techs but not in the freejumps. I know a lot of people swear by free jumps and say they keep them on, they've never kept me on if I'm going I'm going lol!
Myself and my older daughter both have freejumps now. My daughter got hers first and it was a choice between tech stirrups and freejumps and we saw them both in the shop and decided on freejumps, I rode in hers then bought a pair. Hers are blue and mine are brown:) x

Reactions: newforest
newrider.com