anyone ever held / been to an Avon Party?

MinnieMoo<3

Aug 28, 2010
Cambridgshire
Mum has just started doing Avon, she hasn't been allocated her roads yet but in the last campaign she gave brochures to people we knew: my best friends family brought stuff, someone down yard, neighbour, grandma and of course i obliged :giggle:

but when mum was delivering the stuff today my friends mum asked if she was ever going to have an Avon party and if she was they would definitely attend!

i asked mum if she was going to have an Avon party and she said she wouldn't have a clue where to start!

so any tips? how are the evenings formatted? lots of samples to try out? food and drinks?

any tips are greatly appreciated!

Never done a party as i didnt get that far.lol

i started avon a few months back and really loved it to start with. but after a few books i got really fed up of the constant going back to people to try and get the books and when they ordered there was always some people who you could never get hold of. :banghead:

I did plan on doing a party as it sounded a good idea but i just gave up after a few weeks.

I also thought that the books come out to close to each other, as soon as you take your customers order there is another book to give out. i personally felt rather cheeky taking a book round so soon after there order.

I did get a good few orders but alot came from family n friends. they are the less stressfull ones.:biggrin:

i did get told though that if you are planning to have a party you can order ya stuff so you have it for people to take home if wanted it and the stuff you dnt sell can then be sent back as you get a few days. so tht is a good thing to do.

I used to do Body Shop, not Avon but similar idea.

I would have a party at house, have samples if possible, maybe a wee demo and some nibbles. Ask people to bringa bottle, wine helps sales :giggle:

avon is one of those companies who have good bargains, but by the time you get to the end of the catologue you have spent £30 without even trying :help:

Never had any sort of party myself but i have attended candle parties in the past, there was always nibbles around and just used to bring a bottle with me..At the candle parties there was a lady who showed us the candles etc, and we played a few games and then looked through the catalogues. I think it is a good idea to have samples at the party. I would think Avon would help out with some samples too..

newrider.com