Anyone else's horse feeling 'bright' or just mine?

Stella2

Aug 5, 2001
North East England
Visit site
Flora is usually a lovely laid back sort, but yesterday she was generally tense and bright. After a little while of being like this, she took offence at something and ran off like a train round the school - I couldn't pull her up, so it was a case of staying with her until she got it out of her system :rolleyes: She was still a bit tense today.

Maybe she's coming into season - she is usually fine with that, but there has been the odd time that she's been out of sorts. Or is it something in the air?

Anyone else have an uncharacteristically bright horse at the moment?

Jakes Mum

Mar 31, 2003
Nottinghamshire
Visit site
Jake has a new lease of life at the moment, he can't be ridden so can't comment under saddle but leading him up from the field he is very giddy, trotting all the way, squealing and shaking his head, he is normally a dope on a rope but this last week he has a spring in his step. I just put it down to him being hungry and with the weather having gone a bit colder.

neen

Oct 20, 2005
London
I think it's the change in the weather -- Fluke was sweet as pie when it was warm, but he was a complete b*****r today!

Sammii

Oct 24, 2005
I think it's to do with the weather aswell, it's such an extreme change, they are probably feeling less sleepy-eyed now that's it's so much cooler, plus the wind inbetween their ears probably isn't helping matters :rolleyes:

nutkin

Oct 5, 2003
kent England
http
Spike always becomes a much livelier horse when the sun disappears.Yesterday he was so naughty on our hack bouncing around and threatening to bomb off because of a scary shetland pony in a field that some people in nearby houses rang our yard to say that a rider was having problems and today was just as bad.He thought every single road sign was a monster out to eat him that just had to be spooked at as we got level with it.
I guess he was just extra fresh due to having been in for a few days after loosing half his foot along with his shoe.Fortunately my farrier managed to repair his foot and reshoe him so now he is making up for all that time stuck indoors by being ultra lively.Mind you he went out in the field today regardless of the rain as if I leave him in any longer I think we may just end up parting company next time we go out.

MelanieD

Aug 27, 2002
Visit site
Fatso seems to have decided it's time to wake up today. We went on a long ride with a few nice long grassy canter tracks and on the second one she remembered what she's meant to do there and really went for it without waiting to be asked, then acted like idiot pony with no brakes until we were back on the road again, even bombed down one downhill track that we don't normally canter on. Great fun :D The idiot drama queen behaviour from both horses for most of the ride was a bit less fun though!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Anyone else's horse sheding their coat? Cafe 15
Taffie Going to Your Horse Live! Anyone else? Cafe 19
sjp1 Does Anyone Else have an Unpredictable Horse?? Cafe 18
sjp1 Anyone Else Not Sure that the Horse they Have is Right for Them? Cafe 40
Ale Does anyone else like horse 'transformation' vids?? Cafe 8
CheriFen anyone else find this horse hilarious? Cafe 5
sjp1 Anyone Else's Horse Feeling the Joys of Spring Grass? Cafe 23
N Anyone Else Getting A Bald Horse? Horse Care 7
N Laminitus, Anyone Else's Horse Gone Down With It, Winter? Metabolic 16
Bodshi Anyone else's horse do this? Cafe 5
sjp1 Anyone Else's Horse Not Get Up? Cafe 8
Billy Anyone else think horse advertising websites are evil??? Cafe 6
Nimbus65 Anyone else got a complete wuss for a horse? Cafe 5
Riley Roo Anyone else's horse like to play.... Cafe 5
X Anyone else's horse do this? Cafe 11
Silly Filly Anyone else's horse hate travel boots? Transport and Travelling 17
Method_Acting Anyone else's horse whip shy? Training of the Horse and Rider 18
RRA Facial Bump/Lump - anyone else's horse had similar? Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 26
Leosmummy Mud fever anyone else's horse suffered? and suggestions pls.... Horse Care 8
RRA did anyone else feel like this bringing on their horse? Training of the Horse and Rider 2
T Has anyone else's Horse/Pony lost weight/Condition Lately ? Horse Care 20
laupip Anyone else trying to get weight OFF?! (horse not self!) Metabolic 9
HashRouge Has anyone else put their horse out on loan? General 0
C Does Anyone Else Have A Horse As Puddled As Mine? General 9
Trio Do you let anyone else ride your horse? General 57
HashRouge Anyone else find that they'd rather just spend time with their horse than ride?? General 17
Ace87 Anyone else have a horse called Ace or know someone with one?? General 0
Mimi + Me Is anyone else’s horse starting to lose their summer coat?! General 23
BlueWicked was this a hoax about horse thieves, anyone else had loads of texts? General 26
B Why I will never let anyone else on my horse again - is it me? Older Riders 31
O anyone else got a spooky horse General 14
MaisieMoo Does anyone else stable their horse at a riding school General 26
F Anyone else doing the BHS Horse Owners level1? Older Riders 11
L Does anyone else have a grumpy horse? General 15
angelfben Does anyone else have a horse with a very flat back? General 9
L anyone else's horse stabled with a yard to wander too? General 10
X Does anyone else's horse have.... General 2
neasham Prophet’s thumb mark - anyone else got a horse with one? General 26
B Anyone else's horse got this??? Horse Care 17
MadMumInKent Does anyone else's horse get a touch of Dehli Belly? Older Riders 8
¿M€®¥ñ™ Does anyone else have a tooth of their horse? General 11
J anyone else's horse have crusty ears? Horse Care 4
P Anyone else scared of their horse? Horse Care 13
virtuallyhorses Has anyone else done allergen\feed testing on their horse? Horse Care 4
JOJOBA Anyone else have a horse with a rogue tooth?? Horse Care 0
virtuallyhorses Anyone else get their horse blood-tested on a regular basis? Horse Care 8
Doodle92 Does anyone else do this? Cafe 10
Trewsers Didn't know where else to post this - can anyone id this please? Worried / curious / weirded out lol Cafe 15
Corey Hi, new here - is anyone else older AND disabled? Older Riders 11
Kite_Rider Odd things happening, anyone else? Forum Technical Help & Site News 6