Anyone else really fed up with the weather?

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
No riding this weekend - roads icy, too dangerous. Bright and sunny, cold, perfect to go but roads like ice rink.

It's either been torrential, gale force winds, or icy.

Or really bad when I can go out - i.e. first thing in the morning before I start work, and then the odd decent hour when I can't go.

Really frustrating. I was so hoping to get out for a decent ride this weekend as I missed a week due to flu - courtesy of our soaking on New Year's Day.

Maybe tomorrow.

I was getting well annoyed like you cos it was either icy or gales or lashing wind or both of the latter combined and when it was nice i was in work or couldnt ride for another reason recently :banghead:

But i managed to ride wed night after work and then sat and sunday so feeling bit happier plus meant to be dry tomorrow and tues :smile:

I got a good hack in on Sat on both boys and want to this morning but the ice was really bad and by the time it has cleared it was raining so had to settle for the outdoor school as both in doors where in use for lessons damn that riding school:giggle:

Have to say i love winter,im weird i know but i do love winter and the routine of it all.
However i cannot complain about our weather to date it hasnt been bad at all,a few windy wet days but nothing unusually for us here but on the whole we have had a good winter weather wise so far.

Had a lovely 3hr hack with daughter yesterday, very pleasant weather. Then today hacked out for about 1 1/2hr and again lovely and sunny.You can't beat a sunny winters morning riding your best mate and everything is right with the world, well for duration of your hack then back to reality. !!

I've been okay with it so far actually, we have had some really horrible weather lately but also some VERY nice days, and the temperatures haven't been too bad at all. We've only had 3 nights that it fell below freezing. We could actually do with the temperature dropping a bit because the ground's so wet. The field-kept horses have only been getting hay and hard feed for the last 6 weeks which is about 6 weeks later than last winter - bodes well for my boss's bank balance!

newrider.com