Anyone else pregnant?

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
anyone?

I'm 27 weeks tomorrow :)

does it make me bad human being to say i'm not finding the whole thing all that 'enjoyable'. I'm excited about baby's arrival (in February! not long left!!!!!!)l, but the whole being pregnant thing. sooo tired, he's currently taken up residence on my sciatic nerve (ouchie ...). haven't ridden for ages now because first Appley wasn't sound, then we had a strangles scare so I stopped for nearly 4 weeks and now I've lost my bottle :(

someone please assure me it's normal to not be all 'glowing' and whatnot ....

Julia

No I don't think so what are the signs, my belly is getting bigger I just thought it was the beer. Congratulations hope it goes well, is it your first bairn

Congratulations!
Definately not a bad human - a practical one. Thinking ahead about baby's arrival rather than just about your situation at the current moment seems very sensible to me!

Some people enjoy it, some people find it misery. Mine were ok, but then nothing hurt and I wasn't sick.

One good thing about pregnancy - it always ends in about nine months or so :-D

You mean to tell us you aren't floating about in gorgeous creamy coloured maternity dresses - with your skin glowing, hair flowing and looking all Mona Lisa smile like?!!!! Heheeeee. Of course not.... I haven't been lucky enough to experience it, but I am guessing it had some uncomfortable moments - and my friend was tired a lot. Sending you lots of magical Trews vibes for baby and yourself. Take it easy. Txxx

No, not pregnant but I do feel for you. Its often depicted as a lovely time, glowing skin and nurturing etc, and when you dont feel that way you think its not normal, but it is, and I am sure if it was me I would feel the same as you.

I personally cant imagine how anyone could enjoy the process but I am sure some do, but other than that it surely has to be an individual journey. :happy:

No not pregnant, I loved being pregnant though ( my little one is nearly 2 ) I really missed my bump when it had gone! Id love another baba, but Im 34 now and single ( happily single!) so I doubt it will happen again :(

Oh congrats!!!!

I'm not, Sophie is almost 7 months old. I rode until 8.5 months, luckily I didn't lose my mojo...had two months out of the saddle and was ok-ish getting back in the saddle, a tad nervous and took a few months for the nerves to go, now I'm fine tho!

I didn't embrace being preggers at all. I think I was in denial lol! I'm looking forward to a second pregnancy in the future, I'm planning on embracing it more!

thanks, I feel less freaky now :)

not long now I guess!! I have two friends lined up to keep Appley ticking over and angel usually has winters off, anyway.

tiring of all the unsolicited 'advice' as well .... and people being judgemental because I have no intention of selling my horses or giving away my four cats! (have supportive OH, i'm sure it'll work out somehow!).

If you having a difficult pregnancy am sure you will fly through labour.

My doctor said to me that he was concerned because I had such an easy pregnancy that I was going to have a difficult labour ............. and he was right!! So difficult, it put me off ever having another, although I love my son an unbelievable amount and could never ever have had another such amazing child, no matter how many more I could have produced!

I have 2 children and they are my whole world. I love being a mum and having a family. I also have my horse and I ride everyday . It is perfectly possible to have children and horses. you just have to make it happen.

I hated being pregnant in every way. Everyone seemed to think that I should be 'glowing' and 'radiant' but in reality I turned into a crazy bitch because everyone drove me crazy! I couldn't stand people fussing over me all the time and treating me like I had some kind of illness. During my first pregnancy I still had my loan horse and everyday I used to muck her out and tend to her right up until I was 8 months pregnant (my son was 3 weeks early). Oh my god, you would think that I had committed the worlds worst sin. Everyone used to comment on my changing figure and my bump. I found it impersonal and that my pregnancy was the focus of attention rather than me or anything I did or said. I got so sick of everyone asking me 'when are you due', or 'not long now', or 'how many weeks now?'. My internal answer was 'sod off and mind your own business, I am still a PERSON and not just a pregnant object.

My second pregnancy was filled with sickness. I was sick everyday for months and when I wasn't sick, I felt sick. I was signed off work for 6 weeks because I couldn't stop crying whenever anyone spoke to me. For the whole pregnancy I simply felt dreadful. During my first pregnancy I could bite my tongue when people offended me, but by the time pregnancy 2 came around I just couldn't keep my mouth shut.

Pregnancy is really hard for some people. More so I think when you already have a fulfilled life and don't want to just talk about babies all the time. My husband got me a T shirt made which had the answers of the commonly asked questions on it. When people used to start on about pregnancy, I would get out the T shirt and just tell them to read it.

My children are well worth the misery of pregnancy, but I do understand how you feel now. x

Very few people dared to touch my bump in my second pregnancy!! A very curt 'Don't touch me' normally did the trick, Or, I would just keep my distance so I was out of 'touching' distance but this meant standing at least a metre away from everyone else. I often had to stop myself slapping people who tried to touch my belly and on more than one occasion I would start feeling their belly in return.

The touching carries on after the baby is born as well. Complete strangers often think that it is OK to randomly touch babies faces or stroke their heads. It used to drive me crazy!!!

Belly touching:frown: talk about invasion of personal space. That would really annoy me... in fact reading it really annoys me and I'm not and haven't been pregnant. I just don't think being pregnant gives anyone the right to walk up to you and rub your belly, what are people thinking!

Anyway sorry... I don't have anything else to say on the subject I was just reading with interest and saw that and it immediately made me feel uncomfortable!:unsure:

I was the opposite, alougth with my first I was very low key about it all, with my second I absolutley loved the attention :giggle: and being fussed over by my friends and people asking how I was ! It just made it all very so much more special :wub:

I'm the complete opposite of the people that bug you MP, pregnant bellies make me feel sick :redface: and I do everything I can to not even LOOK, let alone touch! And as for touching babies, eugh, I prefer to be as far away from them as possible.

I did not enjoy being pregnant - less so second time round as I knew what to expect! I didn't like being fat, breathless, sweaty and tired - and hated not being able to have a glass of wine when I felt like it. I still had a couple a week, actually, total abstinence was a step too far for me. The only thing I really liked about being pregnant was that I get lovely thick hair. Normally it's quite fine and flat.

I'm quite broody for a third all the same at the moment! Madness I tell ye!

Im not sure how I would feel about belly touching, I dont seem to recall anyone asking or touching it at will ! I think it may annoy me a stranger doing it totally agree with you on that one MP!! I wouldnt mind friends doing it though atall I was quite proud of my bump, alougth it wasnt to big luckily!

The best part of being pregnant was my cravings of ben & jerrys chocolate brownie ice-cream I could for-fill whenever I wanted!!a:) however sadly they had to be kerbed as I developed Diabetes ! ( GUTTED!:cry:)

newrider.com