Anyone else had problems with Hunter Wellies ?

M

Mareish

To cut a long story short, I bought a new pair of Hunters last weekend, I only wore them for the first time Thursday and both feet leaked - I got wet socks and was not very happy.

Took them back to the shop which is not exactly just around the corner, its quite a drive :rolleyes: who were not very keen to exchange them for me.

Eventually got them swapped, stood in a bucket of water yesterday and today and.......you got it, wet socks again :mad:

They are adamant that Hunters never leak and that I will have to proove it (wont be very hard) but just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem to back up my story?

Help !!

Jo

These are not split (not that I can see), not sweat either as I purposely showed Jo my dry socks before standing in the bucket :eek:

I have had a few pairs of hunters that all lasted years. Befoe xmas, my last pair split (must have been about 7 years old). I went to Robinsons which is quite local to me and paid £48 for a new pair. The first time I wore them, they sounded like the heel had a hole in , they were 'squelching' when I walked. The next day I noticed it again and noticed that I had a damp cold sock too. So I took them back, for £48 you expect them to be perfect!
Anyway they swapped them no problem. I got another pair, same colour & size and exactly same thing happened again. I took them back and they were a bit hesitant but did give me a refund. I have been told that the Hunter company was actually bought by someone else, along with the 'Hunter' name. They still obviously sell under this name, but do not work with the same high quality materials. I've heard various stories about people having trouble. If you look on the Kelly Marks site you will find more.
I bought a pair of £16 wellies from an outdoor shop and they are warmer than the hunters were. I would insist on a refund for your hunters.

I would take them back again, and even offer to show them your test!!

It could be that they have bought a dodgy batch and they should contact there supplier, to have 2 that leak is quite bad its not as if they are the cheap!

Mine squelch too, in fact water all squelched out on my carpet this morning.

They are going back, I just bought some food colouring to stand in to prove it !

:eek:The hunter original ones are to soft. I bought some hunter galloway ones and they lasted longer. They did send me a replacemet pair but they have now split to. I am going to try le chameau one next but if you want a really strong pair of boots get the muck tyne boots.

almost everyone on my yard has hunter wellies, and they have never complained about them, mine tend to sqelch, but its water trapped in the heel, and dont wet my feet (touch wood lol).:)

i have a pair i have had for years - they dont leak... aprat from where my hubby's collie put a very small but strategically placed hole, only noticed when I paddle in the sea:mad::rolleyes:

Seriously tho, i also have a pair of muck boots that ive had for ages and had no probs with - but a girl on my yard is on her 3rd pair as she has to keep taking them back cos they were leaking... maybe just a dodgy batch?

I have been told that the Hunter company was actually bought by someone else, along with the 'Hunter' name. They still obviously sell under this name, but do not work with the same high quality materials. I've heard various stories about people having trouble.

Have heard this too. I had them for years and they were great but the last pair squeaked like I had a mouse following me around - took me ages to work out what it was! :p They only lasted 6 months before the soles split. I wouldn't get them again.

Me and my sister have had ours about 4 years, my sister has worn hers so much the label has come of the front. When we bought them we bought them as seconds and they are still fine.

I think it must be that the company that took them over is obviously shoddy, and the prices have gone up so much :eek: I think if I had to buy new wellies now id probably go for some Le Chameaus next, I would have got Hunter galloways but I am not convinced now! I just hope my original pair have a few mnore years left in them!

Le Chameaus are great :) I'd never wear Hunters again after getting a pair of those. Mine lasted about 7 years and I only had to thrown them out after I couldn't get the mud out of the inside of them following an encounter with a very deep puddle :eek:

newrider.com