Anyone else got windy weather?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
:(
Well last night I left the girlies in the arena with their nets - they can come and go as they please - mostly they nibble the nets in the school then head indoors for a nap. It wasn't that windy and only spitting but during the night it really got going. Even kept me awake here in the house which is unusual considering I've stomached four winters in a caravan that positively moves when the gusts come.
Anyhoo this morning there was poop in the school so they did spend some time out but they'd been indoors too as beds were squished with Chloe and Storm shapes were they had laid. Horrible this morning, pelting down with hail - doesn't half sting your face! Both girls have planted in their houses so who am I to argue?! Apparently we are due snow at eleven. We shall see.........

We are getting strong gusts and then lulls in between at the moment , we are due snow later in the day - we either get nothing or it all so
it could go either way - suppose will find out when I get up in the morning! I am hoping it misses us totally!

Well no snow here yet and the sun is out now!
Going to pop out to the girls and offer them out again. They looked glad I'd closed their doors early this morning. Chloe especially gave me the "close the door there's a draft in here mum" look!

Yup windy here too, very blustery and lashing down interspersed with bright sunshine! We also have snow for cast for this evening but as they can't even get the weather right for the next few hours I'm not holding my breath.

I am on the coast when is it not windy ;)

But yes mega blustery. Well only 34mph, but
enough to blow the straw out of wheel barrow, blow buckets around. Generally get in the way of my routine.
I had to close the stable to muck out as it kept blowing the straw around. My stable is facing the wrong way when it comes to winds off the sea. But is cool in summer.

We've had a mini monsoon this morning and the wind is howling. Our office is quite exposed and the windows are rattling a little!:eek:
Supposed to have snow tonight into tomorrow

Well I just popped round to the girlies and tried tempting them out. It was a definite NO vote of hooves so I've given them some hay and a kiss and left them to it. They'll be out all night so not too worried about stiff legs etc. I think they're just enjoying a bit of peace away from the wind, clever girls are parked to one side in their houses out of the drafts. I've had me some warm pony so alls well and I'm returning to my work with great gusto....well something like that! Hope guys are all warm too. I had forgotten what it was like to work in this cavernous lounge!

We started with a grey day, then it rained like billio, then grey, then the most horrific hail which meant stood inside our hangar we had to shout to talk to each other above the noise and lightning warnings with it, now its pretty bright, all the while we have had gusts up to 45kts according to our on site weather alerts, lovely day!

We started with a grey day, then it rained like billio, then grey, then the most horrific hail which meant stood inside our hangar we had to shout to talk to each other above the noise and lightning warnings with it, now its pretty bright, all the while we have had gusts up to 45kts according to our on site weather alerts, lovely day!

Eeek to the lightning warnings! I can't cope with that stuff!

Reactions: Jessey
It was okish this morning first thing, I have just got my lot back in.

Hreyfing was shaking like a leaf, She may be an Icelandic from Iceland but she really really feels the cold, I have rugged her in a fleece

I've just looked out and the snow has arrived. Not sure if it is actually sticking or not tho. Going to give the girlies their tea in an hour - they'll be wanting to get out and roll in it!

Reactions: Jessey
Been snowing pretty badly on and off all day, we even had some impressive hail. The wind is starting to get up a little bit and we've had a weather warning again, so for the first time this winter I have just properly hayed my horses. I've put 2 bales out for them so they can eat it if they want it and they have something if the snow gets bad.

Reactions: Trewsers
Been snowing pretty badly on and off all day, we even had some impressive hail. The wind is starting to get up a little bit and we've had a weather warning again, so for the first time this winter I have just properly hayed my horses. I've put 2 bales out for them so they can eat it if they want it and they have something if the snow gets bad.

I'm sure they'll be pleased with their hay:)

Well just took the dogs out to the toilet and checked them and the boys are in the barn, not eating, and 2 are in the lane eating, not sure where baby pony is. It's snowing again :(

newrider.com