Anyone else feeling a bit rundown, no motivation?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I still have a few unfinished chores to do at the field and then we should be set up for winter.
But the weather is constantly changing from sunny then wet and windy that you don't see coming. I am not fair weather but I am finding it too warm with the sun and then flipping cold.
Then I am just not in the mood!
I feel sorry for her if I do the short route- again! Though I have three ways to come back to mix it up. But finding I am just picking the easy option of those.

I guess I can stop beating myself up and just go with the slow flow. She's not itching to go out and I hacked on Saturday. It's just I tend to do alternative days now. :)

You?

I am finding the summer is over all too soon, I don't mind cold, or wind or rain, but I cannot deal with more than one at a time! And lately we seem to have had all 3 plus a bit more every day ? My body runs on sunlight and I struggle every winter for energy.
But I did get a lot of catch up chores done over the weekend, I feel pretty winter ready, I just have a few more plans in the pipe line to get us there. I did do all the chores at the expense of taking Niko out, but I don't feel like he needs loads of walks and the plan was to give myself an easier winter this year.

Reactions: Margie and Magic
I am also flying solo without facilities. So I don't feel ready yet for too much crap weather.

Well if I can ruddy well stop getting injured things would be better. Started off with a blow to the head. Followed by dropping from quite a height an iphone on my bare foot resulting in a nice black toe. Followed by last night a lovely big gaping cut on my thumb. Have no clue as to how that happened, first thing I knew about it was my blouse covered in blood when I was combing my hair in the bathroom mirror! This morning Storm hit the back of my head so hard with her head that she shoved my riding hat almost right off at the other side. So, yeah you could say I'm a bit de-motivated atm. Mr T ordered a bp over a month ago which still hasn't shown up and terrible communication from the company (that I won't name and shame on here just yet). Feel like he's waved goodbye to £290 for nothing:mad:Plus he's missed all the good riding weather as it's really turned nasty up here now. Boo bloody hiss. Rant over. Gosh feel better for that. Sorry for the rant. ??

I'm not sure if I'm demotivated or just shattered. I love having my grandsons, they are good as gold, but I'm not 30 anymore. 4 days and nights are fun, but very tiring. Generally I love this time of year, so I think I'm just tired. Going up the field, and riding are really keeping me going atm. Also, our weather hasn't been too bad - so far! I suppose covid and all that comes with it, isn't helping any of us just now.

Reactions: Trewsers
Yep really fed up with being in pain. Can hardly move with my back. Have just dosed myself up on the strong stuff to get me through the day.
Currently sitting in an empty house, I should be working. Thinking of Rob up there. Having a few tears. They had there dog pts a few months ago too so really struggling here just now. Too many memories about.

I lost a lamb mysteriously over the weekend.
Poorly Floss. Two lame horses.
I have a list of jobs as long as your arm but when I'm off work it's either raining or I'm in some sort of pain.

No more than usual for the time if year I suppose. It's horribly wet and muddy at the moment which makes everything take longer - carefully slip sliding through mud instead of gaily marching onward, battling with wet rugs, a pony who is clearly unhappy that the rain is hitting his face and the wind up his bum. It kind of takes the pleasure out of it. But I have got a lesson booked for tomorrow and hound exercises at the weekend so I have to ride, motivated or not.

Not sure how I'll feel about it when we have the horses at home. Kind of excited thinking about it now, but I'm sure the novelty will wear off once pretty quickly when the weather's bad.

Sorry @chunky monkey, I've just read your post. Haven't been on much recently so I don't know what's happened, but it sounds pretty horrible. Hope you're ok.

Reactions: Huggy
No more than usual for the time if year I suppose. It's horribly wet and muddy at the moment which makes everything take longer - carefully slip sliding through mud instead of gaily marching onward, battling with wet rugs, a pony who is clearly unhappy that the rain is hitting his face and the wind up his bum. It kind of takes the pleasure out of it. But I have got a lesson booked for tomorrow and hound exercises at the weekend so I have to ride, motivated or not.

Not sure how I'll feel about it when we have the horses at home. Kind of excited thinking about it now, but I'm sure the novelty will wear off once pretty quickly when the weather's bad.

Sorry @chunky monkey, I've just read your post. Haven't been on much recently so I don't know what's happened, but it sounds pretty horrible. Hope you're ok.

Lol love your wording there "gaily marching onward" heheheheee. You'll be fine with them at home and doing that plenty, the novelty doesn't often wear off and you can always just get into the house and have a brew :D

Yep really fed up with being in pain. Can hardly move with my back. Have just dosed myself up on the strong stuff to get me through the day.
Currently sitting in an empty house, I should be working. Thinking of Rob up there. Having a few tears. They had there dog pts a few months ago too so really struggling here just now. Too many memories about.

I lost a lamb mysteriously over the weekend.
Poorly Floss. Two lame horses.
I have a list of jobs as long as your arm but when I'm off work it's either raining or I'm in some sort of pain.
Sending massive hugs and I wish I could make you feel better, what a crappy time you are having right now. X

Well if I can ruddy well stop getting injured things would be better. Started off with a blow to the head. Followed by dropping from quite a height an iphone on my bare foot resulting in a nice black toe. Followed by last night a lovely big gaping cut on my thumb. Have no clue as to how that happened, first thing I knew about it was my blouse covered in blood when I was combing my hair in the bathroom mirror! This morning Storm hit the back of my head so hard with her head that she shoved my riding hat almost right off at the other side. So, yeah you could say I'm a bit de-motivated atm. Mr T ordered a bp over a month ago which still hasn't shown up and terrible communication from the company (that I won't name and shame on here just yet). Feel like he's waved goodbye to £290 for nothing:mad:Plus he's missed all the good riding weather as it's really turned nasty up here now. Boo bloody hiss. Rant over. Gosh feel better for that. Sorry for the rant. ??
Sending you lots of hugs and stop hurting yourself vibes! X

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
If we feel better from a rant it's a good thing.
Sorry about your injuries. I am looking into replacing my hat, like for like.

Someone mentioned being tired, maybe it's just that at the moment.
I got one chore part done, will finish the rest tomorrow. Did get some nice photos and she had a pony social opportunity which is nice before she got bored looked at me and went off to eat.
I don't feel like meeting people either ha ha.

I was feeling really tired and de-motivated a few weeks ago. I always struggle a bit in early Autumn as I find initially loosing daylight and 'just' having time to hack after work or 'just' being able to school in daylight after work worse than it actually being dark when I ride before work or school after work. I just have to crack on with it now!

I've actually managed to book in lessons, clinics and play dates to keep us going until Christmas and just started a goal setting course, so beginning to get my goals for the winter clearer so feeling quite inspired again on the horse front.

I'm sure it will pass for you - it's been a funny year, so you're allowed some periods to regroup :)

Reactions: Jessey
I have been given the opportunity to ride out with someone else. The cob likes the horse, we introduced them today - non starter if she just wants to nip her company!

It has been a really odd year.
I am not really into a route routine yet, I think that's the problem.

I've gone the other way at the moment, I get so obsessed and intense with certain ideas I just spend all my time focusing on them. Not very healthy but this year has been mad, Ale is my only escape right now. I think at least once I get my mud slabs in I can relax a little and stop overthinking that at least.

Reactions: Jessey
I’ve spent a lot of the last few weeks thinking ‘I’ve just got to make it to/though XXX’ and that tells me I’m struggling, it’s not good, I’m better when I’m on an obsessive project like you say @Ale ?

I think I need to write down what I would like to achieve, for me. And maybe how to make a start.

One hacking route I have three alternatives, she's slightly nappy so I need to keep doing that until she's settled, it's an unsure nap. (God knows if we will ever make it to the beach if she can't look at it!)
I'll be honest I am struggling with the hacking. The roads just aren't what I am used to. Some feel enclosed, some are busy, a double decker is enormous if you are on a wee 14hh! And then there is her with her oh my god wet stuff, sandy stuff.
But, we can and will buddy up.

Today already thinking I could just mooch around the field. She's actually ok with that. But I don't really want that to become a daily thing, but a weekly mooch, because I do enjoy bareback. As I said I am not into a route routine or any work routine and think that's the issue right now.

She clearly doesn't like one of the neighbour's who is learning about the go away social distancing etiquette. Typical as that's the one I flipping like!

Writing down goals and then making them visible is one of the best ways of achieving them. More people spend more time planning what they're going to have for dinner than their own plans ;)

I have mine on my dressing table mirror and fridge so I see them numerous times a day, but obviously wherever you are going to see yours. It's one of the things that has helped me the most!

Reactions: Margie and Magic
newrider.com