Anyone else excited for the solar eclipse?

Well if the weather is anything like it was today, I won't even see the sky tomorrow, let alone a solar eclipse! But I shall take my colander to work just in case there is some sun!

Reactions: Rubic
We are expecting sunny weather. I will be at the yard watching with the cob.
Estimated 84% for us.

Im excited too, I remember the last one at home in my parents garden and taking pictures in virtual darkness with the clock showing it was just late morning.

I'm very excited! We are going out as a whole school onto the playing fields. We've been making pin holes all week so the kids can safely view it. Hope I get to enjoy it rather than just trying to make sure my nursery class don't turn round to look directly at the sun!!! Really wish I'd gotten glasses as I'd love to see it properly. But even if I had them I wouldn't have been able to as it would just have encouraged the children to look!

Think we get about 96% (or 94% cant remember) darkness!!! And at the moment skies are clear with a few white clouds!!!

I feel more excited than Xmas eve!!!

Reactions: Jessey
Cloud is breaking up here in Leeds but there's still a stubborn patch right over the sun. Hoping it will disappear before the action proper starts. If I wheel my chair backwards a few feet from my desk I can see the sun (or rather the cloud over the sun) through my office window. Lucky!

Reactions: Jessey
Very cloudy here sadly but hopefully it'll clear enough so we can see it! My brothers got his telescope and camera set up so if he gets any clear shots I will share with you, he's very good :)

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Not very exciting here, just a strange eerie light for a few minutes, then a couple of flashes of the sun as it came back into full view.

we got sun cloud, sun cloud, sun cloud, rain, sun cloud but got good views all the way through. Watched it through the welding mask.

Forgot all about it! Shouldn't have as I spotted this thread last night. What time did it actually happen? I was tending to the girls needs and I must admit it did go misty and weirdy beardy but that's normal for here!lol

Yes it was very disappointing here! Just a bit dull and so cloudy you couldn't even tell!

Nothing but cloud, a chilly wind and some weird peeping from the birds. Horses were completely unbothered, Hebe just looked to see if we were bringing hay, then went back to grazing. And we went all the way to Bournemouth yesterday evening to buy the last pair of eclipse glasses in the whole of the south of England.... Last time was cloudy too, but the mist was a weird orange colour. Just plain old grey today :(

We had misty fog early morning that cleared to blue sky, but when the eclipse happened we had misty fog again and it went freezing! I put my waterproofs back on.

IMG_20150320_113947.jpg

I sat on a rock taking photos with the horses, the temperature really dropped back down. It went a bit darker and we got a nice partial, you could see a black crescent of the moon.
It looks like I took this really early morning but it was in fact 9.40am

newrider.com