Anyone else clumsy?

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
In the last week I managed to take a slice of skin off my thumb using a runner bean gadget. That bled profusely as fingertip cuts tend to. I have also lost my footing on the ladder of some bunkbeds (work! Not some kinky fetish at home!!) and pulled all the ligaments in my right foot, so I have been hobbling all week. Today I managed, goodness knows quite how, to catch the side of my little finger in some metal stepladders and have a deep V-shaped slice on the side of it, which again bled profusely!! I'm a danger to myself.......

Oh yes, I'm terrible. Within a week I'd skinned one hand on a door at work, skinned the other hand on the train door (bled for quite a while!) and sliced the top of my finger off on a metal toilet door at work...

Since then I've just been clumsy generally. I'm always clumsy, drives me nuts but always terrifies me if I go somewhere nice as I'm guaranteed to send everything flying and break everything!

I am a walking liability. I am constantly black and blue and bumping into things. I have terrible balance too and often fall or trip. I've been bad since I was about 17 when I had my bad riding accident. Never got much better! I'm terrible for finding pot holes and uneven pavements too!

Well I'm not clumsy in general, but I'm a chronic drink-spiller! Dropping glasses, knocking it on the table, knocking it over etc. But my best method is tipping the glass too far while drinking and losing half of it down my chin. Slopping tea on the carpet is another of my great talents - and the more I try to hold the mug still, the more it slops...

Reactions: AliciaA
Sorry, but I'm laughing at all the answers here!! What a bunch we are! Reassuring to know it isn't just me though.......

I stabbed myself with some scissors the other day - I was cheap skating and cutting open the tube of hair colourant to get the last dregs out! That'll teach me! Eeek.
I often end up with step mothers jags for no reason too. And don't get me started on splinters!lol I clamber over lots of fencing so that's probably why...........

Well today whilst poo picking, armed with a pooper scoop and plastic wheel Barrow, I have removed a fair chunk from my knuckle :( that was about 4 hours ago but every time I flex my finger it starts peeing blood again.
Im always covered in bruises and cuts, no idea where I get them :rolleyes:

I stabbed myself with some scissors the other day - I was cheap skating and cutting open the tube of hair colourant to get the last dregs out! That'll teach me! Eeek.
I often end up with step mothers jags for no reason too. And don't get me started on splinters!lol I clamber over lots of fencing so that's probably why...........
Oh god I stabbed myself in the hand with scissors in college opening a box of pins. Oh the irony! Didn't hurt til after I'd seen the red carpet lol!

I also have scars on my right hand knuckles from where I scraped them on a breeze block wall attempting to administer bute to a butephobic horse!

I must confess to my worst habit.

My name is dannii and I'm a waitress and I regulary spill drinks and soup over customers.

Usually I don't try to save them either :( it ends in a bigger mess

Yup. Well known as an accident looking for a place to happen as a kid, I'm only marginally better as a grown up.
Split my chin open by going head over handlebars.
Got checked for meningitis when I went a bit loopy - spinal tap and all, only for them to realise that actually, I had a sewing machine needle embedded right in my ankle. Don't know how that happened.
Split my chin open again when I slipped getting out the swimming pool.
Was hanging my legs out the sliding door of my dads van in a caravan site as he drove along and my foot got caught on a stone I got pulled out and the back wheel went over my shins. It was one of those Volkswagen transporter vans. He screamed at me for having my legs dangling and when he asked if i had been run over, I said no. He still doesn't know 30 years later.

These days I've had plenty falls from flipo, spill everything on a regular basis, and reaaaaaallly miss having a dog for a Hoover.

Mr C is awful. He trips over things, walks into and bangs into things, regularly destroys items, fall into potholes and off curbs. The man is a liability. I bought him a t-shirt which reads

"I don't fall over - I random test gravity!"

Reactions: Jessey
Yup. Well known as an accident looking for a place to happen as a kid, I'm only marginally better as a grown up.
Split my chin open by going head over handlebars.
Got checked for meningitis when I went a bit loopy - spinal tap and all, only for them to realise that actually, I had a sewing machine needle embedded right in my ankle. Don't know how that happened.
Split my chin open again when I slipped getting out the swimming pool.
Was hanging my legs out the sliding door of my dads van in a caravan site as he drove along and my foot got caught on a stone I got pulled out and the back wheel went over my shins. It was one of those Volkswagen transporter vans. He screamed at me for having my legs dangling and when he asked if i had been run over, I said no. He still doesn't know 30 years later.

These days I've had plenty falls from flipo, spill everything on a regular basis, and reaaaaaallly miss having a dog for a Hoover.

:eek::eek::eek: To the wheel going over shins:eek:o_O

Currently sporting a large bruise on my thigh from walking into a table corner, a bruise and cut on my head from hitting my head on a car boot. Cut on my hand from getting it stuck in the shed door and cut on my face from cycling into a bramble branch haha. All in a matter of days.

I am!

I'm constantly tripping over, stumbling into, stepping on, or bumping into things! I'm always getting bruises, but I rarely remember what caused them. I was also that girl in gym class who couldn't hit or kick a ball unless a miracle was involved...

Clumsiness and depth perception issues run in my family, so at least I'm in good company. :D

EDIT: I forgot to add that I'm also prone to dropping and breaking things and struggle with tasks that require more than minimal coordination--like dancing. :eek:

Last edited:
I'm almost ashamed to reply to this thread. I am not in the least clumsy so am wetting myself and cringing for you all at the same time, I'm quite a careful person, despite always being told I have about as much grace as a baby elephant! I think I'm just not a whizzed about er so am more aware of where all my body parts are at any one time, maybe that's it? Maybe you guys are like my yard buddy and just fly about so quickly your always going to get bumps, bruises and cuts.

I am!

I'm constantly tripping over, stumbling into, stepping on, or bumping into things! I'm always getting bruises, but I rarely remember what caused them. I was also that girl in gym class who couldn't hit or kick a ball unless a miracle was involved...

Clumsiness and depth perception issues run in my family, so at least I'm in good company. :D

Same here! I'm always tripping and when I look down to glare at the offending object there's usually nothing there. It's just my feet o_O.. And in heels - this tends to happen a bit more so I'm always more nervous now :p

Oh and I was the girl who would be walking across the playground and somehow I'd get a basketball/ football in my face.. #BallMagnet

I'm almost ashamed to reply to this thread. I am not in the least clumsy so am wetting myself and cringing for you all at the same time, I'm quite a careful person, despite always being told I have about as much grace as a baby elephant! I think I'm just not a whizzed about er so am more aware of where all my body parts are at any one time, maybe that's it? Maybe you guys are like my yard buddy and just fly about so quickly your always going to get bumps, bruises and cuts.

Nah, I'm not a whizzer. I think the problem is usually more that I move too slowly, I don't get out the way fast enough :p

Reactions: Kite_Rider
newrider.com