Anyone done BHS stage 1?

loopyh

Oct 9, 2006
Leeds
I'm starting mine tomorrow night and although I'm not that nervous just wondered what to expect at first lesson. It presumably will be a group lesson which will be interesting as I've only had private lessons for last 6 months or so but still shouldn't be problem - just hope I don't feel too much worse than everyone else!!

Good luck. I've just taken my exam (and passed:D ) but I didn't have lessons at a riding school for it - worked with my own instructor and horse, with a couple of refreshers at the RS near the exam day.

Well done for passing. I'm not that worried about the riding although I might say something different after tomorrow night. I'm hoping the practical stuff won't be too bad either - I assume they get you to do everything practically which I find easier to remember and therefore learn.

I did mine so long ago, horses must have evolved since then!.......the BHS hasn't thought ;) ;) :D :D

i start mine on thursday!

feel fine about it but just dont no what to expest thats all?

im doing thursday afternoons 45min ride 45min lecture/practical 9 week course

hope yors goes well let me no how you got on:)

I did a course last year, but sadly I ended up having no confidance to take the exam :(

But this year things are better and I have my exam on May 4th and am reading my notes hard and have a revision holiday booked in at Murthwaite next week.

I just finished my course last night. We did 1 hour riding and an hour theory. The riding was alrite, about position, no stirrup work, school movements everything that is in the syllabus. The theory side wasnt very great in my opinion it was just a quick talk and that was it. I would of prefered more practical work. I was so nervous for the whole six weeks at it was my first lessons in 7 years :eek:

newrider.com