Anybody fancy coming on holiday with me?

Sounds great for the confident rider. I'm sure that someone on here would like to come.

You wouldn't want to go with me. I would be the annoying one who was scared of everything and ruined it for everyone else!

What I really want to do is a cattle drive in Texas etc.

Iceland looks lovely, but really, for that amount of money, a cattle drive wins me over every day!!!

What I really want to do is a cattle drive in Texas etc.

Iceland looks lovely, but really, for that amount of money, a cattle drive wins me over every day!!!

If I went to Texas I could visit KarinUS and Minnie!

But I would rather ice and snow than heat and dust, and so Iceland wins for me.

If I can scrape up the cash I may go on my own :biggrin:

The riding sounds awesome but I don't get on with the cold so I'd just be sore and miserable.

I think if you want to go then you should go! - I would never have an issue going on a riding holiday alone as you're bound to make friends when you're there and you probably won't be the only single traveller anyway.

I'd love to do something like that but until Esme has grown up I'll need to dream. Peru, and an African safari are my other big dreams.

I would love to do that but with two young children I can't at the mo :frown: The Mongolia trip also looks fab.

Arghhhh I can't afford it this year otherwise I'd be up for it!!

My tip - go alone! This isn't horsey but I'd wanted to volunteer abroad for years but didn't like the idea of going alone. Last year I bit the bullet and went for a month to Africa - guess what? I'm going back for 2 months this year I loved it that much! I actually think going alone was the best thing I ever did. Going with others would have meant working around each other or worrying about if the other person was enjoying themselves etc but I met so many wonderful people I was in fact never alone and it added to my whole adventure. I wasted time thinking about fulfilling my dream when all the time it was there for me to make come true - do it, do it, do it :wink:

I definitely fancy a week of blissfully riding through some stunning scenery. I've always wanted to visit Iceland. But I can't!

I would do that in a heartbeat, I did stock work for a few seasons when I was a teenager and LOVED it ! Tried my hand at camp drafting and that was a lot of fun !

My OH is longing to go to Iceland. You are welcome to borrow him. But he cant do more than 2 hrs a day in the saddle.

newrider.com