Any sign of summer where you are?

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
Mid-Late June and it's 10 degrees and raining :(

I try to subscribe to the 'there's no such thing as bad weather, only inadequate clothing' school of thought. But I have to admit I'm getting a bit fed up!

May was like Feb and June is like March so at least we are heading in the right direction but I want HOT, SUNNY, T-SHIRT weather :cool:. I'm still wearing a coat half the time :rolleyes:

Oh yes I pulled my winter coats back out the other day, its about 20 here today but overcast so just muggy rather than nice and they say rain is coming our way, at least my grass will keep growing :)
I'm doing my Wales trip in September, so if it carries on as it has that would make it June weather, better than bloomin freezing :D

Rained a bit on Wednesday but has been lovely here for the past few weeks, all grass is growing and everything is lovely and green :D

Mixed bag here. Around Easter time it was boiling and now in June its freezing! lol It was warm last week but soon died a death! lol I foolishly packed away fleeces and spare
coats only to have to dig them back out!!! Today is windy and I am attempting to grin and bear it by not giving in to the temptation to put the heater on!!! Its ridiculous in June! The girls will start growing autumn coats soon!

Oh yes, the sun has been shining beautifully down here on the south coast, and I have had a GLORIOUS morning as I went to visit my horse at the trainers and I have left the trainers yard with a smile on my face that is pretty big :D

We have the bugs, and the mugginess, I just want your sunshine to go with it, the sunshine makes it worthwhile dealing with being eaten alive

Ugg. Its horrid here :( cold and overcast. It warms up a bit in the morning but I've yet to put my winter coat away. We managed to get three days of lovely sunny weather when decanting the whole room into the nursery garden and getting the paddling pools out was called for. Used to do that for the whole summer term!

I'm in Edinburgh

Lovely here - but the meadows have been too hard for canter - even tho it is early summer still.

Its cold here this afternoon - temp has dropped even more. OH's roasting a large chicken in oven so that's warming the kitchen up at least!

One day its glorious, the next it's bloody blowing a gale and freezing. Damn weather. Went riding yesterday, 3rd time this week thats the most I've ridden in weeks. Got 3 ratherred and angry looking bited on my arm, the flies were out in force.
Anyone know of anything to use to keep them away.

We have had the odd sunny day nothing vest top weather though, more t shirt and bodywarmer. Well on Wednesday I got soaked riding out in the rain and I'm riding in the morning so hoping for nice weather but darent speak too soon. We live on the coast so even when the sun shines its often windy:(

Our weather has been bouncing around a bit too- cold then hot hot. The first couple of days of June were only the high 40's almost 15 degrees below normal and we were very very dry and at one
point 6 inches below on rain. Now we are 70's which is nice:D to some days high 80's:mad: which is too hot.
We have been getting a little rain though- but still in quite a nasty minus for it.

We have had lovely weather for a change, the only downside is my field is very hard for riding on...oh well its either to hard or too mucky lol
19 degrees today but we had some rain yesterday so that will help soften the ground but i swear i think the grass has grown a foot overnight:eek::rolleyes:

newrider.com