Any shire cross owners?

Dec 1, 2008
Hi

I have a shire cross arriving on trial on Friday :)

Anyone got one? He's got the funniest character!

I'd love to hear your stories and see your pics!

OOh any excuse.

I own Brook who is a warmblood x shire. He is 7 yrs old now and 18.1hhs.

Had quite a few problems iwth him over the last few yrs since I bought him unbacked but we are getting there now. He has the sharpness of the WB but the lovely nature on the ground of a shire. I do hacking and hopefully a bit of dressage and my 13 yr old has just started jumping him.

Me at my trainers yard

016.jpg

Susan jumping him in our local RS indoor school.

random121.jpg

Liz

I have a cob x shire.. cant put pic on yet though, just got new computer and not transferred pics yet.. though if you go on my profile, there's plenty there;)

i have a shirex tb, 8yr old 18.3hh on the ground hes a dope on a rope ridden hes a very flighty tb :rolleyes: but he is a good boy for all his naughtyness he really looks after me when we jump and boy can he jump.
theres pictures of him on my profile.

i used to own a shire cross, he was a very loving boy but i really had to work with him on the manners. he was sold to a lovely lady who is now doing dressage and jumping with him.

Attachments

• jack.jpg
    jack.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 24
I sold my shire x oldenburg last year - I bought him as a yearling, but ended up selling him when he was rising 6yo as he was not forward going enough for me - he was a saint on legs, my friend bought him as she wanted a 200% safe horse to hack...... he was 17.2hh when I sold him, I think he stands about 18hh now :D

HarveySmart.jpg

Although she's not registered as a x shire I think she has some shire somewhere in her blood lines, by the shape of her face alone. She's registered as a Gypsy Cob.

The photos aren't of best quality but are the best ones I have of her 'full profile'!

(Please also excuse the rather unflattering photos of me - beige jods never did the bigger riders any favours!) :)

ETA: She has a lovely, lovely temperament, is not silly or particularly fizzy - very willing to please! She loves her mummy (most of the time, particularly when carrot in hand) and loves working. She has pretty quick paces for a big horse which is taking some getting used to but she also has great breaks.

Note: It hurts when she stands on my feet!!!!!!! :eek:

Attachments

• Roxy, me & Mum 015.jpg
    Roxy, me & Mum 015.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Roxy, me & Mum 037.jpg
    Roxy, me & Mum 037.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hi

I have a shire cross arriving on trial on Friday :)

Anyone got one? He's got the funniest character!

I'd love to hear your stories and see your pics!

Hurray up Friday I say:D:D

Tell us about his character??

Sorry dont know about shire x think generally a shire has a laid back temperment
:)

Hurray up Friday I say:D:D

Tell us about his character??

Sorry dont know about shire x think generally a shire has a laid back temperment
:)

I know, Friday is taking FOREVER to get here!

Well, he is just so funny! He loves food, and will lip at you, always so gentle, never uses his teeth, just lips, and licks you too!

He loves bananas and chips!

He just has the best attitude and is so friendly. When I went out to catch him with his owner the first time I went to try him, he grabbed her by the hood on her jumper and walked along behind her like that! Holding on!

I know, Friday is taking FOREVER to get here!

Well, he is just so funny! He loves food, and will lip at you, always so gentle, never uses his teeth, just lips, and licks you too!

He loves bananas and chips!

He just has the best attitude and is so friendly. When I went out to catch him with his owner the first time I went to try him, he grabbed her by the hood on her jumper and walked along behind her like that! Holding on!

Only 1 sleep to go, I hoping by Friday you mean tomorrow :)

AWWWWWW how sweet, dont sound like your going to have any problems there then :)
Mine prefers to play catch me if you game :rolleyes:

newrider.com