Any one every cried in a jumping lesson....

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
I had my first jumping lessons in about a year on Tuesday night and it was terrifing...

We started with a basic grid and two cross small cross poles and started to build the grid slowly. I was mine and Chanter was enjoying it until my RI out up a spread. It was only about 2 ft high and a ft across but I went white.

I told my RI that I was :poop:ing it. OH was watching and helping with the poles and she said that she would not make me jump anything that he was not capable of doing. I miss heard and thought she said 'not make me jump any thing that I was not happy jumping' my mistake.

With lots of encouragement we jumped the spread and with out me knowing it got wider and a bit higher (not much higher but it got to about 2 ft across) she also used guiding poles that got closer together until they touched!!!

Chanter was amazing he jumped everything was kean but never rushed a fence and took care of me even when I made a mistake he still jumped. She took down the spread and out up 3 jumps on the grid and it actually flet like I was riding through the jumps not just a passenger.

At the end of the lesson I cried...:redface: I was was pleased with my boy. OH has said how proud he was and that he would not have done it. RI is amazing and just pushes me enough.

So for a dressage horse he is sure turning his hooves to other things. If we can jump so can anyone.

I once sobbed noisily and not through happiness!!

Day before one of my BHS exams I went to the exam centre for a lesson to see what their horse were like. Was given a horse to jump that helicoptered over every jump on the course and after a few I pulled up and wept in terror as I knew that horse would be in the exam

Not surprisingly jumped like an idiot the next day even though I had a lovely horse and failed the jumping section!!

Well, that's better than I feared! Like eml I thought when I read the thread title that someone had been pushed too far..........

Lovely that you were crying with happiness! Go both of you!:bounce:

I have cried several times in riding lessons! Sometimes through fear, sometimes through thankfulness that it is over!

One day I will have jumping lessons with Ben and will probably be terrified again!

Me :wave: I've cried in lessons. Not even over scary jumps, just because I couldn't make my body do what I needed to for the response I wanted from the horse.

I've never actually had a jumping lesson - but do remember several years ago a 'friend' encouraging me higher and higher. All was going well, looked a bit high though, kept asking for a check on height as I went around, was assured I wasnt going over approx 2'6".

Eventually felt like I was launching me and the 14.2 into outer space so refused any more 'encouragement'. Said friend then got the measure out and fell about laughing as they taped it at slightly over 4 feet.:giggle: I almost passed out frankly!:biggrin:

Not in a jumping lesson coz I can count those on one hand, but I have in a normal lesson out of frustration!!

I'd much prefer to cry with joy though, like you!! Sounds like you are both doing brilliantly OBC!!! :skip:

newrider.com